Simone / Flauto in Giano Vetusto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BrianLee

Simone / Flauto in Giano Vetusto

Postby BrianLee » 12 Jul 2008, 15:10

Looking for birth and marriage information (complete dates and places) for my great great grandparents, my great grandparents, and birth information, particularly where, for their children.

Guiseppe Simone and Rosalia Savastano were the parents of my GGF Leopoldo Simone. I am told his sirname was de Simone but the "de" was droped when his grand children came to America. Antonio Flauto and Maria Michela Tannucci were the parents of my GGM Luisa Flauto. I know nothing more about these people. The spelling of their names has been handed down over the years so it may be a bit incorrect.

My GGF was Leopoldo (de) Simone, born 1854. My GGM was Luisa Flauto, born 1858 and died 1923. They were married 1879 at Giano Vetusto in the region of Campania. They had ten children, three sons and seven daughters. It is believed they were all born in Giano Vetusto. The sons were Guiseppe (b.1888), Luigi (b.1891) and Raffaele (b.1897). These dates we believe to be true. The daughters were Emelia (b.1880), Mariuccia (b.1882), Giovannina (b.1883), Margaret (b.1893), Rosalina (b.Unknown), Antonietta (b.1901) and Concetta (b.1905). These dates we are not as certain.

It is believed that Concetta remained in Italy with her husband Tranquillo Zarone perhaps in Pietramelara. We know next to nothing about Emelia.

We would love to scale this brick wall so any help at all will be greatly appricated!

Brian

zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Simone / Flauto in Giano Vetusto

Postby zona1 » 01 Nov 2008, 15:44

Mr. Lee - I have information on your family. Specifically, I have rented several rolls of Giano Vetusto records from the Family History Center of the Mormon Church and have copied a great many records since the town is very small and each year there were only a dozen or so births, deaths, etc.
My grandmother was a Simone from Giano Vetusto and my grandfather was a Zona, another common surname in Giano.

I located a few records for you already and will continue to look. When I hear from you I can arrange to send jpeg images as email attachments for any records I find. I live in Upstate NY.

My wife and I are going to Rome in 2 weeks and on Nov 15 we have a driver to take us to Giano Vetusto for the day. I hope to meet some relatives and take lots of pictures. I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter Sisario

BrianLee

Postby BrianLee » 01 Nov 2008, 16:26

Wow, Peter, this is quite a way to start the month! Maybe the walls are beginning to come down! I look forward to hearing more.

Check your PMs, there's more there!!!

Brian

zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zona1 » 01 Nov 2008, 17:18

Brian - I don't know what a PM is - please explain. I'm looking right now at the marriage record for 30 January 1879 for Leopoldo Simone, age 26 of Formicola, son of Giuseppe and ELOISA Flauto, age 15(?). It's not a great copy - I will try this week when I go to my local FHC to get a better copy but is indeed them. Their parents' names are shown, also.

jbm02

Postby jbm02 » 01 Nov 2008, 18:29

Peter,
Do you have any connections to the DeSimone family from Schenectady, NY? They are "on" my tree - I just haven't figured out how it all fits yet. The connection is through the Gentile family. If so, I have a pretty extensive Gentile/Colarusso family tree (it starts at the emigration from Frosolone, Italy and includes the decendents here in NYS as well as some in West VA). If this fits into anything you need, feel free to let me know and I'll send it as soon as I get back home.
Yours,
Jude

BrianLee

Postby BrianLee » 01 Nov 2008, 18:50

Hey Peter,

PMs are "Private Messages" which you can get to by looking in the left column near the top of the page, also known as the "Main Menu", which lists under "Member options" a link to your "Private Messages."

Also, at the bottom of each post are two buttons. One is labeled "pm" which will allow you to send a private message to the person who authored the post. The other button will allow you to read the persons profile, if there is one.

Brian

zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zona1 » 01 Nov 2008, 20:39

TO: jbmo2 - I am not related to the persons in Schenectady you mentioned.

rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rjmichaels » 22 Jan 2010, 07:50

Hi Brian,

I was very surprised to find this post on the Simone family. I, too, am related. I am descended from Leopoldo's sister, Carmela Maria Giuseppa Simone, who married Salvatore Pascarella. A story passed down in my family was that Giuseppe Simone and Rosalina Savastano had twenty-two children, but I have only located fourteen. Several of their children emigrated to the United States: Teresa to Columbus, Ohio, while Agostino, and Vincenzo (known as James in America), as well as Carmela's children, went to Pittsburgh, PA. Interestingly, all Italian records I have located have the Simone name but everyone who came over here took on DeSimone.

Please contact me, as I would love to share information!
Thanks!
Ray Michaels

BrianLee

Postby BrianLee » 22 Jan 2010, 11:34

Hi Ray,

Please check your PM's!

Looking forward to sharing what I have on the 500+ descendants of Leopoldo & Eloisa!

I've heard a similar story of DeSimone but the way I got it was that the "De" was dropped when they came here.

Brian

Return to “Italian Genealogy”