surname Rena (Rina,Riina,Reyna)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
christo
Rookie
Rookie

surname Rena (Rina,Riina,Reyna)

Postby christo » 18 Jul 2008, 18:40

Looking for information about my grandmother.
born in Sicily 1886 came to america with her brother between 1900-1910.
Have found a 1910 Census with both listed. Her name was LENA RENA, her brother GEORGIE RENA. This may not be the correct spelling of the names, but that is the way it was spelled on the 1910 Census in LaFourche LA.
anyone have any information?
thanks

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: surname Rena (Rina,Riina,Reyna)

Postby nazca » 18 Jul 2008, 20:34

Hi,
i think the correct surname is REINA or RIINA (sounds like "sand" in sicilian dialect) a common surname here in sicily, especially in Palermo and his province. Lena is the short name of Maddalena (the origin of this name is in the holy bible) . It is possible you can find informations with this original name and surname .

Vincenzo.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

christo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: surname Rena (Rina,Riina,Reyna)

Postby christo » 18 Jul 2008, 23:49

Grazii Nazca, I will start searching using your information.

Christo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”