Still trying to find grandfather's birthplace in Calabr

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
langelo
Rookie
Rookie

Still trying to find grandfather's birthplace in Calabr

Postby langelo » 20 Jul 2008, 21:53

I had wonderful help here receiving the address for Cosenza province a few months ago.

As we have thought, Ignatius Girimonte was not born in Cosenza per their info and I am determined to locate him--perhaps in Catanzaro and Crotone provinces. I have scoured all the LDS films for San Giovanni and Isola Capo Rizzuto (where his siblings were born) and came up empty.

I would like to ask if anyone here has the addresses for Catanzaro province and Crotone province??

Thanks so much,
Lois

Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Still trying to find grandfather's birthplace in Ca

Postby Cathynap » 21 Jul 2008, 02:15

langelo wrote:I had wonderful help here receiving the address for Cosenza province a few months ago.

As we have thought, Ignatius Girimonte was not born in Cosenza per their info and I am determined to locate him--perhaps in Catanzaro and Crotone provinces. I have scoured all the LDS films for San Giovanni and Isola Capo Rizzuto (where his siblings were born) and came up empty.

I would like to ask if anyone here has the addresses for Catanzaro province and Crotone province??

Thanks so much,
Lois

Lois,
Isola di Capo Rizzuto is in Crotone Province. If you are looking for microfilms at the LDS site, the town will be under Catanzaro since this town was part of Catanzaro Until the early 1990's.
The LDS Microfilms are here for this comune:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... o+civile++

The only 2 San Giovanni's I know of in Calabria are San Giovanni in Fiore in Cosenza and San Giovanni di Gerace in Reggio Calabria. Assuming Cosenza is not the right place, the films for Reggio Calabria's San Giovanni are here:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... o+civile++

langelo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Still trying to find grandfather's birthplace in Ca

Postby langelo » 22 Jul 2008, 23:45

Thanks so much Cathy, I will add Reggio Calabria to my search.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”