Looking for relatives in Naples Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yukon1

Looking for relatives in Naples Italy

Postby yukon1 » 20 Jul 2008, 23:55

Hello
I am new to this site. I actually posted in the wrong place. I am trying to help my mother locate family in Naples , Italy. Her maiden name is Liguori. We know that her parents have passed away, but she had a brother named Pasquale Liguori, and he had 5 children. Its been many years since they have been in contact. Is there a way anyone can suggest I begin the search. I am aware of the white pages on line. She is planning a trip home next summer after many years of being gone and has asked me for my help as she does not use the internet. Thanks in advance for any helpful information
LInda

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for relatives in Naples Italy

Postby Seraphina » 24 Jul 2008, 08:51

Hi Linda,

Apart from going through the online pagine bianche (white pages), I don't think you have another option.

In the pagine bianche there are 376 listings for the cognome Liguori in and around Naples. So all you can do is let your mother look at the names and addresses to see if she recognises any of them.

Hope you find who you are looking for.

Seraphina
England

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 24 Jul 2008, 14:33

Just a few questions to help direct your search. Is your Mom from the city of Naples or from a smaller town in the province of Naples? What was yourgrandfather and ggrandfather's first name? If the family followed Italian naming traditions those plus Pasquale would be where I looked first. What was your Grandmother's maiden name? That might be less common and easier to trace.

There are 3 Pasquale Liguoris in Naples.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... m=0&be=240

If you need more help let us know. :lol:

yukon1

Postby yukon1 » 25 Jul 2008, 02:38

Thank you very much for your help. I am going to have my mother get on the phone and call a few of the Liguori's listed. She did not recognize the addresses because she has been away for so long. Her brother lived with his family in La Logetta in the city of Naples and mom was born and raised in the city of Naples
Linda

Return to “Italian Genealogy”