Legato family?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vantaylor

Legato family?

Postby vantaylor » 23 Jul 2008, 16:56

I am researching the Legato family history. My ancestor, Saverio Legato, son of Bruno, was born in Bagaladi, Italy about 1759. I am searching for the date of birth of this Saverio and the date of birth of Bruno. I would also like to know the parents of Bruno. Bruno was born about 1730 in Bagaladi, Calabria, Italy.

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Legato family?

Postby Seraphina » 24 Jul 2008, 09:18

Hi Vantaylor,

You need to make your request to the Anagrafe Office at the comune of Reggio Calabria, I think.

However, I cannot find an address or website, so I suggest you first contact the Tourist Office at Reggio Calabria and request the website or postal address for the comune or ccity of Reggio Calabria. You must make all your requests in Italian.

The Tourist Office site is:
www.turismo.regione.calabria.it

Good luck

Seraphina

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seraphina » 24 Jul 2008, 09:30

Hi again Vantaylor

I have found contact details for the comune of Bagaladi.

You could start with them, although they might not hold the births etc records, but they will probably pass your request on to the appropriate place.

Municipio
Comune di Bagaladi
Via Matteotti 4
89060 Bagaladi RC Tel 0965 724016
Fax 0965 724364
Codice Fiscale 00283390805

www.comune.bagaladi.eu

Hope this helps.

Seraphina

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Jul 2008, 10:17

vantaylor wrote:I am researching the Legato family history. My ancestor, Saverio Legato, son of Bruno, was born in Bagaladi, Italy about 1759. I am searching for the date of birth of this Saverio and the date of birth of Bruno. I would also like to know the parents of Bruno. Bruno was born about 1730 in Bagaladi, Calabria, Italy.

It are not so old civil records in Bagaladi town hall, they have only:

Topic Italy, Reggio di Calabria, Bagaladi - Civil registration

Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910 Bagaladi (Reggio di Calabria). Ufficio dello stato civile
so you must contact the priest of old church in Bagaladi for old church records... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”