Casagrande Family, Veneto Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Casagrande Family, Veneto Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

tThis is a translation of the letter written above in spanish;

"please excuse my poor english. I am writing in spanish language. I read about CASAGRANDE family and my great grandmother Giacoma Casagrande came to Brazil in 1891.

We have a birth record of her (grandson/nephew?=nieto) and is my grandfather who was born in MONTEBELLUNA, TREVISO, VENETO. Certain first names remain inthe family...Alesssandro, Vittorio. She was married to GIUSEPPE TOCCHETTON. Is there a Giacomo (james)? They could be brothers. Iris"

=Peter=
~Peter~
tocheiris

Post by tocheiris »

Peter:Thank you
wayne1650

Post by wayne1650 »

Pardon my delay in responding back. I have not had the time to investigate family tree much lately. Thank you for translating the message.

Here is the information that i have to date. I have NY arrival records for my family prior to 1891 so its doubtful that they were in Brazil at that time, however there is mystery surrounding my Great Grandfather, Giovanni Casagrande, so its possible he was in Brazil for a time. His 1899 Ellis Island record indicates he was from Santa Guistina, BL, Italy. Here is the information that i have on his family - perhaps its helpful.

Children:

Alessandro (son) - Born 12 Nov 1877
Giacomo (son) - Born 25 Apr 1886
UNKNOWN child
Marieta (daughter)
Cecilia (daughter) - Born 1886
Giuseppe (Son) - Born 19 Nov 1879

Thank You
Wayne Casagrande
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

wishyou is correct on the CASAGRANDE surname. I have seen hundreds of birth entries in every parish I researched in the Treviso Provience. The surname always has a form of something like "Casagrande del Pio Luogo" or Casagrande del Ospediale di Venezia." All meaning the big house at the Heavenly place or the hospital of Venice.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
wayne1650

Post by wayne1650 »

Hi -

I have received alot of additional information and built out quite a bit more in my family tree since the last posting. I have an interesting document from SS admin where Giocomo (Jack) indicates "Di Acro" in the names of his parents. This is the one and only reference for the this I have ever seen. Jack's Parents are:

Giovanni "Di Acro" Casagrande
Rosa "Di Acro" Casagrande Sandri (Maiden name Rosa Sandri)

Any info on what this might mean is greatly appreciated. I have the image, but cant figure out how to post.

Thanks
Wayne Casagrande
wayne1650

Post by wayne1650 »

As a follow up, this is the image of the Social Security document I referenced.

hosting images

thanks
Wayne
tocheiris

Post by tocheiris »

El apellido Casagrande o del Pío Luogo (con los que aparece mi abuela) se les daba a los niños huérfanos que eran dejados en la "Casa Grande" o "Lugar sagrado o religioso". ¿Te ayuda esta información?. Mi abuela era de Montebelluna (Treviso) y entró en Brasil en el mismo año que tu abuelo y uno de sus nietos se llamó Giovanni.
wayne1650

Post by wayne1650 »

Spanish:

Hola, hay historias de mi familia acerca de la inmigración a través de América del Sur o Brasil, pero nunca fue capaz de encontrar ningún registro. Yo era capaz de rastrear mis antepasados ​​de nuevo a Santa Giustina, BL Italia con los registros de inmigración directa y certificados. Su posible que vivió en Brasil, pero no pudo encontrar ningún registro. Gracias, Wayne

English:

Hi, there were stories in my family about immigration through South America or Brazil, but I was never able to find any records. I was able to trace my ancestors back to Santa Giustina, BL Italy using direct immigration records and certificates. Its possible they lived in Brazil, but could not find any records. Thanks, Wayne
tocheiris

Post by tocheiris »

Mi tatarabuela Giácoma Casagrande o del Pío Lugo, llega a Brasil en 1891, el mismo año que tú mencionas, al mismo lugar: Sao Paulo, los nombres que mencionas se repiten también en mi familia. Ella, creo, era de Montebelluna.
wayne1650

Post by wayne1650 »

English:
In the image that i have posted above, the "Jack" Casagrande is Giacomo Casagrande born 1886. I do not have any record of a Giácoma Casagrande in Brazil, but perhaps there is a connection. Do the names that I reference in the earlier posts match names and birth dates of your family?

This is very interesting to me - thank you very much
Wayne

Spanish:

En la imagen que he puesto arriba, el "Jack" Casagrande es Giacomo Casagrande nació 1886. Yo no tengo ningún registro de una Casagrande Giacoma en Brasil, pero tal vez hay una conexión. ¿Los nombres que me refiero en los puestos anteriores coinciden con los nombres y fechas de nacimiento de tu familia?

Esto es muy interesante para mí - muchas gracias
Wayne
tocheiris

Post by tocheiris »

Los italianos repetían los nombres en hijos y nietos: Mi tatarabuela era Giácoma, su hijo Giusseppe y su nieto menor Alessandro; que son nombres que tú mencionas. Mi tatarabuela nació en Venecia el año 1825. Llegó a Brasil en el navío V. Florio el 17 de diciembre de 1891 a Sao Paulo. Saludos. Iris
LGA.CG

Post by LGA.CG »

Hello
Here a link with the name you all look for maybe it can HELP you
It's about Mariage of MARCHIG Natale Tommaso & CASAGRANDE DEL PIO LUOGO Teresa
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html
you can find me also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/3759322 ... =bookmarks for more infos