Surnames - Scognamillo, Pascale and Grazia from Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ldipaci

Surnames - Scognamillo, Pascale and Grazia from Naples

Postby ldipaci » 05 Aug 2008, 14:33

I am searching for any information regarding Generoso Pascale who married Maria Grazia in Naples, both born about 1850. They had five daughters and one son, Teresa, Rose, Anna, Josephine, Concetta and Pasquale. Concetta Pascale is my great-great-grandmother. She came to America in 1892 with her future husband Salvatore Scognamillo. I am also looking for any information about the family in Italy and if any others came to America.
- Leslie DiPaci

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Surnames - Scognamillo, Pascale and Grazia from Naples

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Aug 2008, 15:38

Since Napoli is indicated as being the city of origin for the family and not a town or village in the province of Napoli, thenyou can go to your nearest Mormon family history library (www.familysearch.org for location) and rent ouyt the microfilm for Napoli- Napoli which dates alll births,marriages and deaths from 1809 to 1865 and further research at www.ellisisland.org will take you forward to the present. You can rent the film for about $5.00 and make copies of the documents and even make a dvd using their facilities.
'
When you go bring along a companion book Discovering Your Italian Ancestros by Lynn Nelson and a magnifying glass since the records are handwritten and may siometime be difficult to read. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”