family coat of arms

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

family coat of arms

Postby MBraico » 20 Aug 2008, 02:21

Hi, I'm new to the site, and had a general question about family coat of arms. After my short time reaserching this topic, I now understand that they belong to a person and their blood relatives; not to all those with that surname, as the common minconception is.
So my request to those more knowledgeable than I on this board is:

-can you recommend a good, academically accredited site to trace the family line? Where do I begin? (I tried to do a simple search on this forum, but did not find a sticky advising new members where to look or anything to guide me...I'm getting more information from my father about his side of the family to aid in my search)
-and secondly, where are the archives of coat of arms? can they also be found online?

Thanks in advance to you all

Re: family coat of arms

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Aug 2008, 02:38

Youy might want to reference your research in family heraldry by going to and inserting in title Heraldry Italy and start your search. There are very many websites which only you can discern as being important to your research objectives.=Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”