Need help finding Marriage Certificate-Ardolino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ritzbaby

Need help finding Marriage Certificate-Ardolino

Postby ritzbaby » 28 Aug 2008, 02:23

Hi there,
My dad and I are working on our dual citizenship. Both set of his grandparents immigrated but never became citizens. We are working backwards and are currently trying to find the marriage certificate for his parents, both born in New Haven Connecticut.

His mom went by Anna Nacca, and his dad Anthony Ardolino. I tried to attach the birth certs but I guess PDFs aren't allowed. Dang.

Mom birth name Nannina Sandina Nacco (but it is really NaccA) Born in New Haven 12 Oct 12

Dad birth name Guiseppe Antonia Ardolino born in New Haven 2 Gennaio ( June?) 1913

Legend has it that they were married in New York city, however I did check the http://www.stevemorse.org/vital/nymarri ... ndex=groom site with both the groom and bride name and found nothing. I have tried to find connecticut marriage records but all I get are the sites you have to pay for. Tried the lds site also got nowhere. Ancester.com doesn't have that time period either.

Any help is much appreciated!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Need help finding Marriage Certificate-Ardolino

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Aug 2008, 03:33

Go to www.footnote.com/free trial.php

This website is a paying website but you can get 3 days free and there are 98 references to ARDOLINO. By the way there is a Jospeh Ardolino born 1914 in the Social Security Death index (www.ssdi,rootsweb.ancetsry.com). =Peter=

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 28 Aug 2008, 04:12

GENNAIO = JANUARY

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 28 Aug 2008, 08:42

ritzbaby wrote:Hi there,
My dad and I are working on our dual citizenship. Both set of his grandparents immigrated but never became citizens. We are working backwards and are currently trying to find the marriage certificate for his parents, both born in New Haven Connecticut.

His mom went by Anna Nacca, and his dad Anthony Ardolino. I tried to attach the birth certs but I guess PDFs aren't allowed. Dang.

Mom birth name Nannina Sandina Nacco (but it is really NaccA) Born in New Haven 12 Oct 12

Dad birth name Guiseppe Antonia Ardolino born in New Haven 2 Gennaio ( June?) 1913

Legend has it that they were married in New York city, however I did check the http://www.stevemorse.org/vital/nymarri ... ndex=groom site with both the groom and bride name and found nothing. I have tried to find connecticut marriage records but all I get are the sites you have to pay for. Tried the lds site also got nowhere. Ancester.com doesn't have that time period either.

Any help is much appreciated!

My wife's boss is Eric Ardolino (mid-50's?), who lived in Wallingford (next door to New Haven) until a year or so ago. Any relation?

ritzbaby

Postby ritzbaby » 28 Aug 2008, 11:17

Thanks so far!

This is my dad's dad found on the ssdi site you mention Peter, he always went by Anthony:

ANTHONY ARDOLINO 02 Jan 1913 Dec 1985 33144 (Miami, Miami-dade, FL) (none specified) 041-01-6192 Connecticut

I'll have to do the trial I guess, will try that in a bit.

I don't know an Eric johnny but it is certainly possible. It is a big family that is not really close w/one another....

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Aug 2008, 11:44

wHY SO GLUM CHUM? a FREEBIE FOR 3 DAYS TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AND YOU SAY "I'LL HAVE TO DO THE TRIAL I
I GUESS" Not to worry!! =Peter=

ritzbaby

Postby ritzbaby » 28 Aug 2008, 14:03

oh I just always get freaked out about having to give my ccard info...

And I worry I'll forget to cancel in time....

Just paranoid I guess!

That's all :)

ritzbaby

Postby ritzbaby » 28 Aug 2008, 17:47

OK so I did the free trial at footnote and they do not appear to have marriage records. Did I do something wrong?

If anyone else has any ideas as to where I can begin to look I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help so far!

ritzbaby

Postby ritzbaby » 28 Aug 2008, 18:25

Ok I confirmed it is New Haven. I found my grandmother's wedding pic and it has Mayfair 1941 on it, so the year is 1941 I think. Are these records online I wonder I can confirm?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Aug 2008, 22:11

Go to www.cityofnewhaven.com/vital statistics where the extent of their on line services is to obtain forms to mail in. They do have marriage licence worksheet and marriage licence application. If all your interested in is the marriage licence worksheet maybe you can sweet the clerk into sending you just a copy of the worksheet free of charge. The fee is low though $10.00. I am very happy that you got the info you were seeking. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”