fornataro,oliva,farenga family,NYC

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gps886

fornataro,oliva,farenga family,NYC

Postby gps886 » 03 Sep 2008, 21:45

I am looking for a birth cert. on Mary Fornataro/Fornatele (not sure which,they changed their names)born 1906 Queens,NYC. Parents names are Vincenzo Fornataro, 1882, Italy & Marie Farenga,1887,Italy?
Also trying to figure out how Marie Farenga(Fornataro) is related to Farenga funeral home on 116th st. NYC?
Thanks for all your help,
Patti Simone (Oliva)

vj
Master
Master

Re: fornataro,oliva,farenga family,NYC

Postby vj » 03 Sep 2008, 22:48

gps886 wrote:I am looking for a birth cert. on Mary Fornataro/Fornatele (not sure which, they changed their names)
born 1906 Queens, NYC.
Parents names are Vincenzo Fornataro, 1882, Italy & Marie Farenga, 1887, Italy?
Thanks for all your help,
Patti Simone (Oliva)

Welcome to the forum!
Are you missing any other records?
Valarie

Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives

gps886

Postby gps886 » 03 Sep 2008, 23:11

I had ordered the record from NYC vital records and it can't be found under Mary Fornataro in queens.So maybe under Fornatale in Manhatten,I've looked at Italiangen.org for birth and ancestry.com and can't find any info on birth.
I have death cert. and they were married once at city clerk and then a month later at Our lady of Mount Carmel church,115th st.NYC. 04/15/1928 How do I get a copy of catholic church records?
Patti

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 03 Sep 2008, 23:51

gps886 wrote: I have death cert. and they were married once at city clerk and then a month later at Our lady of Mount Carmel church,115th st. NYC. 04/15/1928 How do I get a copy of catholic church records?
Patti

Archdiocese of New York (New York) est. 1808, Archdiocese
Chancery: 1011 First Ave. - New York, NY 10022 Phone: (212) 371-1000.

The Archdiocese of New York encompasses the civil New York counties of Bronx, Dutchess, Manhattan, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Staten Island (Richmond), Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester.

The Archdiocese of New York reports "...There is no central filing system in the Archdiocese of New York...Each individual parish keeps records of baptism, first communions, confirmations, marriages and funerals..."

To receive a listing of the parishes in the area in which a relative was baptized, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to Chancery Office.
---

Also from roots web:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nynew ... isters.htm
It’s church #57
Scroll to bottom for help w/records

Return to “Italian Genealogy”