trying to trace relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
26 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

trying to trace relatives

Postby browngirl » 16 Aug 2003, 16:54

looking for faimily francesco maculan
son was pio maculan who miggrated to australia
browngirl

Postby ptimber » 16 Aug 2003, 18:25

There are 342 persons, mostly from the veneto region whose surname is Maculan so if you know the town of origin for the family that wouod be a great help in pinpointing the family since all records in Italy are in the town of origin. Can you plase be more forthcoming with information as to approximate3 years you are talking about when youj say Immigration to Australia? Do you know where in Australia he may haver immigrated to like Victoria or New South Wales or Perth in West Australia etc etc. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

trying to find me relatives

Postby browngirl » 17 Aug 2003, 15:15

:?

Yes, I do know where my grandfather migrated to . He migrated to Australia in a place called Rosewood which is in the state of Queensland.
His mothers name was Antonia Bagio and his fathers name was Francesco Maculan. They also migrated to Australia but I do noit know when. My grandfather was born 16th May 1904 Centrale Vicenza Italy.

My grandmother was born 1st March 1911 at Piovene Vicenza Italy.
Her mothers name was Emilia Targon and her fathers name was Cesare Sbeghen.

My grandfather Pio Maculan came to Australi in about 1917 I think.
Julie to Peter
browngirl

Postby ptimber » 17 Aug 2003, 15:46

assuming your still loooking for the records and relatives in town of origin, go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the surname Maculan in the first line and Centrale ( Centrale is a suburb of the comune or town of Zugliano whjere all records are kept ) in the third line and click CERCA for the entire listing of 18 Maculan surnames. There does not appear to bne any for Bagio in Piovene Rochette in the Vicenza province. Please advise what your research objectives are from here so that I may direcxt you accordingly. where in OZ are you? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

brown girl

Postby browngirl » 17 Aug 2003, 16:31

:?:

Peter found the site for maculan but I dont speak or read Italian? Anyway you can get it put to English?

My grandfathers mother was Bagio . Antonia Bagio. and his fathers name was Francesco Maculan.
I do know that they came to Australia also but I do not know when? I am trying to get the family tree down on my grandfathers side and also my grandmothers side. I do know there is supposed to be a living relative called Maria Maculan who actually lives in the Maculan house that my grandfather gave to her.
I am in Queensland
browngirl

Postby ptimber » 17 Aug 2003, 17:00

Think of tyhe website as a telephone directory in english..name,adddress and town , postal code and province and country. There might be a variation and town comes first and the province is listed as ( PR) but that does not take too much brain power to figure it out. The telephone number speaks for itself and there may be a listing for a business instead of a person which again you can determine yourself.

Now if you go to e-mail: ref@naa.gov.au (national OZ archives) and ask them for assistance in locating arrival data or rummage around in their website www.naa.gov.au or even (god forbid) you want to get back to me so ZI can direct you and chastise you again. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2003, 17:13

Hi: In Piovene Rocchetta-Vicenza province are 5 persons BAGGIO surname.
Perhaps is Baggio exact spelling surname? :roll: suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 17 Aug 2003, 20:24

Dear Raffaela you certainly pay your way here!!! I made the fatal mistake of assuming that the BROWN GIRL was absolutely sure of her own grandmothers last name!!!!! It never occurred to me that it would be mispelled. Thanks for the heads up. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

hi peter

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2003, 20:34

Hi Peter: in Italy I have not never felt a Bagio last name( sure I cannot know all Italian last names!), but Baggio: Yes!!

Who does not know Roberto Baggio coming from Vicenza area: he is a great champion italian football!!!

:wink: kiss from Italy....! Raffaella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 17 Aug 2003, 23:12

Ma che meraviglia sei tu!! Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

brown girl

Postby browngirl » 17 Aug 2003, 23:59

:?
Peter
I am going by my grandmothers death certificate which says that she died in 1947 on 27 october at Brisbane Hospital. I also have the marrage certificate of my grandfather and grandmother which says her fathers name was Cesare Sbeghen and her mothers name was Emilia Targon.

On the marriage certificate it says that my grandfathers mothers name was Antonia Bagio it was witnessed byArcangelo Zandegiocomo and Angelina Sbeghen on 5th December 1931.

Thatys the information I am going by. Sorry don't mean to lead you up the garden path Peter.
Thanks for your help so far.
Julie :lol:
browngirl

Postby ptimber » 18 Aug 2003, 01:21

Sorry to have been such a pain ion the butt about the surname but it was more anger at myself for not going the extra step and double checking. iI can understand that an error can be made and I lacked the good manners to admit it. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

looking for relatives

Postby browngirl » 18 Aug 2003, 15:50

:(
Went to site that ptimber gave me much not having much luck. Can not speak or read italian. Wish I could it would make things alot easier. Anyone can help :(
browngirl

Postby ptimber » 18 Aug 2003, 16:00

You mean to tell me that you expect someone to sitdown and type a directory of names for you in the order that you are used to in OZ along with addresses and telephone numbers so that you do not have to exercise your mind. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

looking for relatives

Postby browngirl » 18 Aug 2003, 16:10

:oops:
Ptimber
No I do not expect some one do write all the phone numbers and addresses in english. I just need a little to deciver the Italian words. After all its a bit different to english. I am not a lzy person and am a bit offended by your comment.
julie
browngirl

Next

26 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy