Still searching for ship manifest for two grandfathers

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Still searching for ship manifest for two grandfathers

Postby Lindee » 06 Sep 2008, 18:23

I have one ship manifest for my grandfather, Salvatore De Rogatis, from March 1908 when he came from Naples with my grandmother, Anne.

I am still searching for his first visit when he came to the US 1896.

He filed a petition for Naturalization on 3 August 1896 in NY, which I was finally able to find. I cannot find the one from 1896. He would have been living in Livingston County, NY. I do not know the city, unless there is a Livingston NY??

My other grandfather, Salvatore Guarisco, came from Sicily to Louisana in 1900. I do not know if he came through Ellis Island. He would have been traveling with my grandmother, Antonina.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Still searching for ship manifest for two grandfathers

Postby PeterTimber » 06 Sep 2008, 18:55

There is Livingston County NY which is near the Finger lakes in NW NY state and there is a Livingston, NY 12541 in the Catskill Mts on the west side of the Hudson River and east of the taconic parkway on Rioute 82.

Did you ever check out Salvatore and Anne's address in NYC in 1918 at the www.footnote.com 3 day freebie? =peter=

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 06 Sep 2008, 20:19

Lindee wrote:I have one ship manifest for my grandfather, Salvatore De Rogatis, from March 1908 when he came from Naples with my grandmother, Anne.

He filed a petition for Naturalization on 3 August 1896 in NY, which I was finally able to find. I cannot find the one from 1896. He would have been living in Livingston County, NY. I do not know the city, unless there is a Livingston NY??

My other grandfather, Salvatore Guarisco, came from Sicily to Louisana in 1900. I do not know if he came through Ellis Island. He would have been traveling with my grandmother, Antonina.

Thanks

I suggest you to check on these microfilm

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ing+at+N++

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 06 Sep 2008, 21:35

Lindee wrote:I have one ship manifest for my grandfather, Salvatore De Rogatis, from March 1908 when he came from Naples with my grandmother, Anne.

Thanks

I hope this link works....
THis might be your other grandfather arriving on the SS.Massilia.
Lines 6 and 7 Salvatore and Antonina...

>Manifest<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lindee » 06 Sep 2008, 23:39

Riccardo, thank you, I will check into that.

Peter, I did check footnote, but they were not the right ones. In 1918 they had already been living in Washington state for 10 years.

Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lindee » 06 Sep 2008, 23:45

Elba,

I don't beleive this is the right Salvatore Guarisco. There are so many of them at that time. The Antonina on the manifest is the wrong last name, not even her maiden name. I have to keep digging.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”