Seeking researcher/helper in Locorotondo/Alberobello area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mseamans

Seeking researcher/helper in Locorotondo/Alberobello area

Postby mseamans » 12 Sep 2008, 01:21

I'm looking for someone local in the Locorotondo and Alberobello area of Puglia.

What I am looking for is someone who can perform a little research for me consisting of locating ancestor graves in both Locorotondo and Alberobello cemeteries, take photographs, and send them to me. Photos can (and would be preferred) to be digital photos so that they can be emailed to me.

Anyone who might be able to assist can email me at MSEAMANS AT ROCHESTER DOT RR DOT COM or reply to this post...

Thanks!

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Seeking researcher/helper in Locorotondo/Alberobello are

Postby nuccia » 12 Sep 2008, 06:30

Please make sure who ever you hire is aware of the laws in regards to photographing Italian graves. I believe you need to get special permission to do it as it is against the law. I'm sure one of our Italian members can confirm this, though.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 12 Sep 2008, 08:23

Yes, Nuccia is right.
There is not problem to get cemetery records.
In order to make photos I suggest you that, when you find someone who is able to do it, before going to cemetery and take picture, he needs a written permission by the mayor, so no one complains for what he is doing (he can have big troubles with the law)
I say that because once I went to Milazzo cemetery to take pictures, and I HAD to request a written permission to Milazzo mayor to do so, and when I entered the cemetery I shown it to the guardians, and let me do it, also receiving a lot of help of finding the tombstones
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

mseamans

Postby mseamans » 12 Sep 2008, 12:38

Thank you very much for the information!

I tried this a few years ago and the person who I had helping me was less than helpful. I ended up with a full roll of cemetery photos and none of them were of my ancestors; on top of this, I paid a large amount of money for development and postage for photos that I couldn't even use.

I hope my next experience is much better!

Thank you!

fumggo

Postby fumggo » 15 Sep 2008, 23:03

Mr kind are a researcher
seriously and honestly,
genealogy enthusiast
I live in Apulia in Italy
I can do for you research your ancestors and photos of the cemetery in Alberobello and Gonzales,
I have already 'done many times these searches
please mail to:
f.muggeo @ alice.it
regards

Return to “Italian Genealogy”