Looking for family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for family

Postby eliska » 18 Aug 2003, 16:46

:lol: Hello, I am trying to research my Family from Alia Sicily they emergrated in 1890's, My Grandfather was only 9 years old we have his certificate from his School. They came to the USA through the Port of New Orleans and worked in the cane fields . the Name is Rosolino Tripi. and his wife is Maria Concialdi, they are my Great grandparents. can anyone help? Eliska
eliska

Postby ptimber » 18 Aug 2003, 19:57

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Tripi in the first line and Alia in the thrid line and click CEFCA for 15 Tripi surnamed persons in that town who may very well be relatives. You may wish to communicate wioth them in italian or very simple english and include a self addresse emnvelope with a doillar inside for tamps and ask them if they know your fammily. The problem is you did not tell me the year or approximate year of their arrival at New orleans but if you go to the nearest Mormon church Family History Libvrary and request microfilm for New orleans Passenger Lists index 1900-1952 underT618-20 NARA and #1412593 for the FHL. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 18 Aug 2003, 19:59

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Tripi in the first line and Alia in the thrid line and click CEFCA for 15 Tripi surnamed persons in that town who may very well be relatives. You may wish to communicate wioth them in italian or very simple english and include a self addresse emnvelope with a doillar inside for tamps and ask them if they know your fammily. The problem is you did not tell me the year or approximate year of their arrival at New orleans but if you go to the nearest Mormon church Family History Libvrary and request microfilm for New orleans Passenger Lists index 1900-1952 underT618-20 NARA and #1412593 for the FHL. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 18 Aug 2003, 20:02

There are 3 Concialdi surnamed persons in Alia as well but also at the FHLibrary you can request micrfofilm for the town of ALIA and tgrace all your family backward in time to at least the early 1800's and prior to that in the churches of Alia but those records ar not on micorfilm. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy