[b][u]Looking for surname MAIDA[/u][/b]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

[b][u]Looking for surname MAIDA[/u][/b]

Postby carloshoraciofamulari » 19 Aug 2003, 22:21

I want to find something about the family MAIDA, from CaLabria. Teresa Maida was married with Francesco FAMULARE (o FAMULARI) and her son Francesco, who was borned in 1886, was my grandfather. He aLways said that he was borned at Catanzaro, but aLso may be at Limbadi.
There is someone who know something about the MAIDA's from Calabria?
Thanks. Carlos H. Famulari :?:
chfamulari_2000@yahoo.com.ar
carloshoraciofamulari

Postby ptimber » 19 Aug 2003, 23:44

Carlos hay mas ded 200 personas en la region de Calabria hoy dia que tienen residencia en este region. No hay nada en el pueblo de Limbadi y en la ciudad de Catanzaro hay como 30 personas con este apellido. Pero es posible que cuando su abuelo le decia Catanzaro tenia en mente la provincia de Catanzaro? Limbadi se envcuentra en la provincia de Vibo Valente. No se que mas puede ofrecerle. Peter NYC
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 21 Aug 2003, 19:31

Limbadi' s Common currently belongs to Vibo Valentia Province, in the past to Catanzaro province. Vibo Valentia (had this name in 1928, before called Monteleone) has become province of the Calabria region in recent age, before all the its territory belonged to Catanzaro province. The surname Maida derives from Maida town in Catanzaro province. Peter has very answered: there are many families Maida and nobody currently to Limbadi, but ....people move....
:roll: suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy