How do you find family still in Italy?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ponyrider127

How do you find family still in Italy?

Postby ponyrider127 » 18 Sep 2008, 01:20

My Grandfather Calogero and Great Grandfather Baldassare Verde came to the USA but my Great Grandmother Rosalia Di Prima never came because my Great Grandfather was killed. So this is were I need to start. I do know that Calogero was born June 20, 1889 in Sambuca. Rosalia did remarry some time later. Would like to find out what happen to her family if anyone could help or send me in the right direction.

Thank you

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: How do you find family still in Italy?

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Sep 2008, 01:36

The overall guidance is to work backwards from the earliest family member who immigratwed to the USSA and work backward.

Thie following website on conducting your own Italian Genealogy Research free of charges is to go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html and should you rin into any problems thenget back to us. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Sep 2008, 01:40

The website address that I furnished is not in service. Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Sep 2008, 01:41

Please type out the entire website both highlighted blue and black. =Peter=

tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Postby tonyric » 19 Sep 2008, 16:40

Peter, I think the correct link is: http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Sep 2008, 19:08

Dear Tonyric thanks but every once in a while some gremlin throws the website out and then just as suddenly returns for no good reason one way or the other...we are lucky this time. SDometimes I get around the gremlin by going to www.angelfire.com/0k3/pearls of wisdom and another similar website shows up with the Itaklian genealogy research we are looking for is listed as a link. Wierd.=Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Sep 2008, 19:15

pOSTSCRIPT: DEAR TONYRIC IF YOU GO TO MY FIRST REPLY AND SEE I HAVE THE SAME WEBSITE POSTED THAT YOU DID AND CLICKAND SEE WHAT WEBSITE COMES UP!!!=pETER=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”