Tamburino o Mignozzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Tamburino o Mignozzi

Postby Tamberino » 18 Sep 2008, 02:07

Just putting up another post looking for anyone with information on Canio Tamburino born 16 Aug 1872. Probably from Vaglia Basilicata. For him I am looking for a Death certificate or any information on the exact town he came from. I am going to my local family center to search Vaglia Basilicata's records.

Also looking for information on the Italian side for Domenico Mignozzi of Putignano Bari in Potenza. Born 30 may 1868. Would Like to know who his brothers, sisters and parents were. None of them seemed to come to the US

Re: Tamburino o Mignozzi

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Sep 2008, 02:22

The first one is VAGlIO BASILICATA (this is the fullname of the town itself), Postale 85010, Potenza province. The microfilm records date from 1809 to 1900 and cover all births,.marriages and deaths.

Similarly The town of PUTIGNANO, Postale 70017, Provincia Bari has civil records on microfilm from 1809 to 1900.

Go to www.familysearch.org for the FHL nearest your home. The cost is about $5.00 each microfilm.

Bring along companion book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn nelson and a magnifying glass for the handwritten cursives which sometimes needs close up clarification. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”