i'm looking for Di Labio or Dilabio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gimpescara

i'm looking for Di Labio or Dilabio

Postby gimpescara » 27 Sep 2008, 21:01

Hi! i'm Umberto from Pescara (Abruzzo, Italy) and i'm looking for some information and some contacts (i hope in this) of somebody with my surname: "Di Labio". There's a chance that this surname was written wrong from the american immigrant officers and "Dilabio" is the most chance of changement.I have checked yet on some phonebooks but i'm interested to some email address. sorry for my english :D greetings from pescara,
Umberto Di Labio

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: i'm looking for Di Labio or Dilabio

Postby wldspirit » 27 Sep 2008, 21:40

Welcome to ItalianGenealogy!!

Are you looking for a specific ancestor or descendants who immigrated
to the USA?
We may be able to help locate information if you can provide full names
and possible birth years. Any and all details will help..... :D
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Sep 2008, 22:03

There are no Dilabio in Italy and there are 39 comune in Italy with persons having the surname Di Labio. In the USA there are 44 people with either Dilabio or Di Labio since changes occured after they entered the USA and went to school or work and Americans did what they wanted with the Di Labio surname. If you go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in both spellings Dilabio which is NOTHING in Italy and Di Labio which has many persons.

In the same website on the left side there is an Anmerican flag and click the American flag to find Dilabio or Dilabio in the USA. If you want to find the 44 Dilabio or Di Labio go to www.white[ages.com and just put in the name Dilabio and then Di Labio and see where they reside. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Sep 2008, 22:16

The correct spelling is www.whitepages.com and further for your information there are also 4 towns in Italy with people just called LABIO with no DI at all!!. =Peter=

ELIERTE DELABIO

Postby ELIERTE DELABIO » 29 Jun 2012, 01:32

Umbert Hello, my name is Elierte Delabio, and I am convinced that my name (delabio) is a dilabio change occurred due to my relatives coming from Italy. I'm from Brazil and descendant of Francis and Philomena Delabio Marquesini.
Sorry for my english, I write atravé google translator, it does not dominate this language.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”