Staffiere family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Staffiere family

Postby dolly90 » 28 Sep 2008, 13:45

I am looking to find more information on the Staffiere family. My great great grandfather Antonio Staffiere emigrated from Italy to Scotland in the 1870s. On the census, it says he was born in Naples, Italy and he died in Dunfermline in 1930 as a result of being knocked down by a bus. Does anyone have any information on my branch of the Staffiere family

Re: Staffiere family

Postby pink67 » 28 Sep 2008, 14:16

Hi Dolly,

were you able to obtain Antonio Staffiere's death certificate? Maybe you can find his exact birth town on that document...
However, Staffiere is not a very common last name, from a quick search on the Ellis Island site I noticed there were many Staffiere who did emigrate in USA coming from Anzano degli Irpini, a town today in Foggia Province (Anzano di Puglia-Apulia region) but in Avellino province (Campania region) until 1930...
Or maybe you can try to obtain his child's birth certificates.... maybe they have Antonio's town of Birth...

Perhaps this site can help you better:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”