Casazza family from Torriglia, Genova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pequele

Casazza family from Torriglia, Genova

Post by pequele »

I want to write to Torriglia to see if they have birth info on my ggggrandmother. I obtained the info of ber birth city from her tombstone so I do not know how accurate it is. Not to mention, on her death certificate it states her parents' last names were Casazza, but this was also her married name. Is that a likely thing? She married her husband after arriving in NY. I do not know what region of Italy her husband came from just that he was born there. Can it hurt to try?
Does anyone have the archives address in Torriglia?
Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Italian woman never losse their dientity and when she arrived in the USA, if she was single, her name would be as if she was a single girl (even if she was married when she arrived since all her documents would be in her maiden name). It is quiter possible that she married someone surnamed Casazza even if her name was Casazza so if you wish to try write IN ITALIAN and rerquest the documents you wish by wirting to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Torriglia, Provionce of Genova 16029, Liguria, Italy. Peter