Surname Spagnolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Surname Spagnolo

Postby papikhu » 29 Sep 2008, 01:24

Ciao, sono attualmente facendo il mio albero (sia lato), e mi sono molto attaccato sul fianco del mio padre. Il nostro cognome è Spagnolo. So molto poco sul mio nonno. Basta mirate

Nombre- Giuseppe Lamanna spagnolo
Nascita- 10 dicembre 1936
Dove- Salemi, Sicilia, Italia
Morte- 4 giugno 2002
Dove- Caracas, Venezuela

Ho ricevuto alcuna informazioni da su mamma -

Nome- Anna spagnolo
Nato-? (potrebbero avere)
Dove-Sicilia, Italia
Morte? (potrebbero avere)
Dove-Caracas, Venezuela

Questa è la parte un po 'più difficile, lui non ha mai conosciuto il suo papà, così ciò che la vostra mamma che cosa iso, collo e gli disse

Vorrei davvero apprezzato se volesse ottenere informazioni su suo padre e anche le persone che vengono dopo di loro (se puoi) ... Inoltre, si prega di inserire la fonte dove hai le informazioni da ...

Grazie a persone come risposta con le informazioni e cercare di aiutare!

Hello, I'm currently doing my family tree (both side), and I got pretty much stuck on my father's side. Our surname is Spagnolo. I know pretty little about my grandpa. Just look_

Grandpa- Giuseppe Spagnolo Lamanna
Birth- Dec 10 1936
Where-Salemi, Sicily, Italy
Death-Jun 4 2002
Where-Caracas, Venezuela

I got info on his mom-

Name- Anna Spagnolo
Born-? (might Have)
Where-Sicily, Italy
Death-? (might have)
Where-Caracas, Venezuela

This is where the hard part comes, he never knew anything about his dad, only his mom did and she didn't tell him anything (nor my dad)...

I would really appreciated if you would get me some info on his father and also the people that come after them (if you can)...Also, please put the source where you got the information from...

Thanks to people how reply with info and try to help!!!

Re: Surname Spagnolo

Postby PeterTimber » 29 Sep 2008, 02:13

In Italy the mother retains her single name and there it ends!! The family name is only the fathers name and the childrern take the fathers last name.

Now to find the birth, marriage or deaths records youneed the full name and date or year of birth or approximate year of birth giver or take a few years.

Now go to and obtain a form letter in Italian language in order to request a birth record (estratto di nascita) for the 1936 birth of Giuseppe Lamanna (La Manna?) and you can also request a certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate) in the grandfathers name with his year of birth (from the estratto di nascita) which will show the mothers name,and all the brotherss and sisters in the family and who was born and when ,marriages and deaths.

Delete any reference to 10,000 Lire or Lire or money since they use Euro in Europe as you know. Send the form to Uffico di Stato Civile
Comune di Salemi,
Postale 91018 (TP)
Sicily, Italy

Enclose a self addressed envelope with $10.00 US or its equivalent in Bolivars from your country because the people who do the research do so as an end of day duty and are poorly paid. Expect 6-8 weeks for the documents. =Peter=

Re: Surname Spagnolo

Postby papikhu » 29 Sep 2008, 21:12

his dad did not recognized him at all, as well that his last name is spagnolo the surname of his mother

and also his name was Giuseppe Spagnolo. My bad..

suo padre non ha riconosciuto lui a tutti, oltre che il suo ultimo nome è spagnolo il cognome della madre

e anche il suo nome era Giuseppe Spagnolo. Il mio male ..

Return to “Italian Genealogy”