official local offices

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pajeroman

official local offices

Post by pajeroman »

has any one contacted " lufficiate dello stato civile del comune " directly or can you suggest the best way to get family history from this office .Have found out that the office in canicatti should have information that could help me in traceing family tree .
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: official local offices

Post by PeterTimber »

You mean Uffico di Stato Civile and go to www.mangeruca.com for a form letter in Italian requesting a document or documents you are seeking. The website will give you the Canicatti address. the letter may have a reference to 10,000 Lire whichis outdated so erase that sentence. But you might wish to send $5.00 in a self addressed envelope since the clerks research as an end of day duty and are poorly paid. =Peter=
pajeroman

Post by pajeroman »

Thanks Peter. Your info was spot on. I have seen my grandmothers death certificate which confirmed the details you gave me. Can you tell me why The Church of the Latter Day Saints have micro films of Sicilian records?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

so that we may all bebaptized and go to heaven and join our extended family and continue bickering for eternity!! =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I have read of the "baptism" done by Lds of deceased individuals......
would it be a fair assumption to think that it is one of the reasons why fewer microfilmed records appear to be recorded by the Lds in what used to be known as the papal provinces?
wldspirit

P.S. I wouldn't have to worry about bickering for eternity, in my family your just dead, and we stop talking to you.....even tho' your really alive and live two blocks away....... :P

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I don't care why they collect these records, I'm just glad they are available to us all. :wink:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

A fantastic resource to be sure, but I won't get the chance to use them.
Town of origin has not been filmed, and doesn't look like it ever will be.....
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I have the same problem for one side of my family, not many records for Salerno or Naples provinces also.