Letter of inquiry to Corio, Turin, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Letter of inquiry to Corio, Turin, Italy

Postby adamf » 09 Oct 2008, 01:13

Hi all,

If I wanted to write a letter of inquiry concerning relatives who may have come from Corio, Turin, Italy, where would I address this letter??

Thanks,

Adam

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Letter of inquiry to Corio, Turin, Italy

Postby wldspirit » 09 Oct 2008, 01:17

You can easily use the following form letter which is interactive:

http://circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Oct 2008, 02:07

Potential relative letters can be found at www.mangeruca.com in Italian language with address assistance. =Peter=

adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 09 Oct 2008, 06:29

Thanks to both of you.

Adam

adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 09 Oct 2008, 06:31

Nevermind.

Repost.

Adam

Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Maurizio » 09 Oct 2008, 20:26

Hi.
I'm not sure you want to direct your inquiry to the Registry office of Corio's Town Hall. In that case, you may send a traditional letter to:

Ufficio Servizi Demografici
Comune di Corio
Piazza Municipio, 5
10070 - CORIO (TO)
Italy

I couldn't find a public address, in case you prefer sending an email to the same office, but you can do it through their website (which unfortunately it's only in Italian).
Anyway, try this link to the Registry Office's specific page:

http://lnx.comune.corio.to.it/index.php ... 5&Itemid=3

Then click on the name of one of the two officers: you'll get to a page where you may put your name in the first space, your email address in the second, the subject of your message in the third and then finally your inquiry (when you finish, selecting the last option you'll receive on your mailbox a copy of the message).
If you write in plain English, some of them should be able to help you or at least answer you somehow.

Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Oct 2008, 22:00

Caro Maurizo figlio bello to write and wonder if someone will understand you is adventuiresome to say the least but I admire your courage and daring which almost approximates mine here in NYC. I hope you are well.=Peter=

adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 08 Nov 2008, 21:09

I just wanted to thank you guys who suggested the Italian letter writing site. I just got my first of hopefully many inquiries back.

I also wanted to make the board aware of a potential method of communication that I have used successfully.

International fax. And I don't even have a fax machine. It cost me less than a stamp, and was received in Italy immediately.

Here's how I did it. I use Skype to communicate with my brother in Korea. Skype is a free internet phone service that anyone can sign up for. So, I wondered how I could use skype to communicate all these Italian genealogy inquiries. Thats when I found www.pamfax.biz. I used Pamfax, through Skype, to send an international fax for $.18 per page.

So, with this program, you don't even have to print your letter. You type it up in a Word file, then upload the file to Pamfax. Then Pamfax immediately faxes your file to the appropriate fax machine, anywhere. Its as simple as that. Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to type in the international fax number. But now that I know how to do it, I can send a fax within 2 or 3 minutes of finishing the letter on my computer.

For example, I sent a fax to the comune on October 17 and it was received immediately, my fulfilled request was mailed back to me on October 30, and I received it here in Illinois, USA today November 8. Just over 3 week turnaround. Not too bad. Now, I did benefit from the fact that no payment was requested, as that would likely have increased the time. But the website you guys suggested said not to send money until its requested, so I followed that advice.

If anyone has any questions about how to do this, just ask. This method is so much easier than printing out a letter, addressing an envelope, finding a stamp, and going to the post office. It takes 5 seconds to transmit, and cuts weeks off your response time.

P.S. I'm not sure how easy it is to find fax numbers generally. Maybe I just got lucky. But I was able to get them off comune websites fairly easily.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 08 Nov 2008, 21:20

That's great Adam!!
You may want to post this handy tip in the Off topic forum, I am sure alot of posters would be interested in using this service.
wldspirit :)

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 08 Nov 2008, 21:40

Will do.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”