Typed form instead of photo copy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Typed form instead of photo copy

Postby lilbees » 10 Oct 2008, 20:30

I again received a minimal typed form with only the basic information rather than what I requested.

The rules apparently for a foreign request do not allow for a full photocopy of the record. This was from Carlentini, Sicily.

I had applied for the birth record and the marriage of a family member. I did enclose proper identification, etc.

Will I have to go through someone locally to get the informaiton? I had already reviewed the films from LDS but I wanted a more readable and detailed copy with any possible notations.

What do I do?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Typed form instead of photo copy

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Oct 2008, 22:24

Request a long form for the document(ESTRATTO DI NASCITA=birth record)or ESTRATTO di MATRIMONIO=marriage record which has more information. =Peter=

Lucap
Master
Master

Postby Lucap » 10 Oct 2008, 22:37

You must pray, and pray, and pray... maybe a miracle will happen ( :evil: ).
There is a law that allow you to have a "copia integrale" of an act with more than 70 years... but italian registrars don't know it (I think most of them still think that is in force a low dated 1939 that didn't allow you to have such a copy, but it has been modified by this two: (sorry, they are in italian, of course)

Decreto del Presidente della Repubblica 3 novembre 2000, n. 396
Art. 107
Estratti per copia integrale
1. Gli estratti degli atti dello stato civile possono essere rilasciati dall'ufficiale dello stato civile per copia integrale soltanto quando ne è fatta espressa richiesta da chi vi ha interesse e il rilascio non è vietato dalla legge.
2. L'estratto per copia integrale deve contenere:
a) la trascrizione esatta dell'atto come trovasi negli archivi di cui all'articolo 10, compresi il numero e le firme appostevi;
b) le singole annotazioni che si trovano sull'atto originale;
c) l'attestazione, da parte di chi rilascia l'estratto, che la copia è conforme all'originale.

Decreto legislativo 30 giugno 2003, n. 196
CODICE IN MATERIA DI PROTEZIONE DEI DATI PERSONALI
Art. 177. Disciplina anagrafica, dello stato civile e delle liste elettorali?
1. ...
2. ...
3. Il rilascio degli estratti degli atti dello stato civile di cui all'articolo 107 del decreto del Presidente della Repubblica 3 novembre 2000, n. 396 è consentito solo ai soggetti cui l'atto si riferisce, oppure su motivata istanza comprovante l'interesse personale e concreto del richiedente a fini di tutela di una situazione giuridicamente rilevante, ovvero decorsi settanta anni dalla formazione dell'atto.

But it's not easy to explain them this things :cry: :cry:

Luca

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Oct 2008, 22:47

I suspect that requesting an estratto of any document is about the best you can hope for without grief and will contain the additonal information that most people are seeking. =Peter=

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 10 Oct 2008, 23:33

This is the back of the form they sent me. Don't know if this is what you were talking about. :roll:

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4038/img106kc1.jpg

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 11 Oct 2008, 06:20

My 2 cents:

There is a difference between Estratto per riassunto and Estratto per copia integrale.

The first one contains only the basic info, while the second one, according to the "Decreto del Presidente della Repubblica 3 novembre 2000, n. 396 - Art. 107", mentioned by Luca, must contain the following:
a) an exact transcription of the record contained in the archives, including the nr and the signatures
b) every annotations that appear on the original record.
c) a declaration, made by the authority that compiles the certificate, that the copy is compliant with the original

Unfortunately the Presidential Decree does not mention photocopies :evil:

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 11 Oct 2008, 11:48

Oh well, I had requested the "Estratto per copia integrale".

Should I write a new request for the documents? I really would rather have the more complete information.

lilbees

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Oct 2008, 19:43

Hey, you never know unless you try?=Peter=

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 15 Oct 2008, 01:15

Some towns will only provide photocopies for 'interested' (related) persons.
Send them your bad copy of the LDS film and a brief direct line pedigree. I suspect that what you have is what you will get. I doubt there will be any additional information.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Italian Genealogy”