LOOKING FOR GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS FROM ITALY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
emcraw1685

LOOKING FOR GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS FROM ITALY

Postby emcraw1685 » 10 Oct 2008, 20:39

Hello my name is Eva Crawford. I am looking for my great great grandparents. I know they came over to the states around 1907... we spell the name cicalo but Ive seen other variations. I have done some research and come up empty handed. From what I do know is he has several childern only the last two or three were born in the states. There is Frank, Joseph, dorothy, antonio, etc. I also have the myth that my he was sent her to start a family as the don and crossed the mob and ended up in a bridge.. let me know if that sounds famaliar to anyone please ....

Eva

misbris
Master
Master

Re: LOOKING FOR GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS FROM ITALY

Postby misbris » 10 Oct 2008, 20:47

Hi Eva and welcome to the forum, :D

Can you tell us the names of your gggrandparents? Or the town they came from? Or the town they went to? This will better help us direct your search.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: LOOKING FOR GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS FROM ITALY

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Oct 2008, 22:05

Cicalo appears tobe the correct spelling of the surname and there are 21 in the ellisisland.com arriving at NYC with only 5 alternate spellings as immigrants. The current Cicalo residents in Italy are in Sardinia and only a couple of towns in Italy mainland proper.

Did you ever take a look for them in that website as well as www.castlegarden.org in the event that you do not know what their town of origin is called????? In Italy most records and dcouemtns and family history is in the City, Town or even small village of origin.=Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”