Tracking down emmigrant info (Ernesto Glavina)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Glavina

Tracking down emmigrant info (Ernesto Glavina)

Postby Glavina » 15 Oct 2008, 11:01

Hello! I'm brazilian and actually I'm trying to find out more information about my great, great grandfather Ernesto Glavina. I don't know where he was born, but he came to Brazil in 1889 with his brother, Giovanni Glavina (and the wife of his brother, Irene) with the ship called "Pacifica". This ship departured from Genova and arrived in Brazil (São Paulo, to be more specific at 19/01/1889). I tried to find some information but its beeing a little bit hard.
Any help that you can guys make, even if its just about the surname Glavina, is really very welcome.

Kind Regards,
Leonardo Glavina

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Tracking down emmigrant info (Ernesto Glavina)

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Oct 2008, 12:36

Glavina is located in 32 comune (city, towns and villages) in Italy concentrated in lombardia and Friuli venezia Giulia regions. Go to www.gens.labor.net/en/cognomi and put in Glavina in upper left for distribtuion. The surname appears otbe Yugoslav in origin (Go to www.familysearch.org and just put in Glavina under ancestor search)

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and go thru the regions shown on the surname distribution map int he www.GensLabo.net site above. Put in the Glavina surname inthe first line and in the second line put in the name of the regions and then click CERCA for the listings of Glavina by fullnanme. perhaps the first names will be familiar to your family.

I assume you found the information about their arrival in Brazil from the Sao paulo immigrant arrival website so I will not go there.

Try to find out the name of the town of origin in Italy since that is where most records in Italy are found for births,marriages and deaths. =Peter=

Glavina

Re: Tracking down emmigrant info (Ernesto Glavina)

Postby Glavina » 21 Nov 2008, 14:08

=]
Thanks for the help Peter!!

Regards, Leonardo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”