Giovanni Moscone b 1883 in Ofena

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pasquantonio

Giovanni Moscone b 1883 in Ofena

Postby Pasquantonio » 24 Oct 2008, 13:25

I'm trying to find what happened to my grandmother's brother, Giovanni Moscone. He married Giovanna Pasquantonio. They were living in the US, in Ilinois, in 1910 where he went by John Moscone. His wife went by Joanne and Jenny. They had a daughter, Elsa, and a son, Pietro, who died at birth. There is evidence Giovanni spent time in Vancouver, BC. In 1922 he was residing in Palermo, Sicily at 275 Via Lincoln. That is the last record that I can find of him.

My father, John Pasquantonio, was a medic in the US Army during WWII. He was in Italy and I think he visited relatives but don't know more than that.

If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. Thanks so much.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Moscone b 1883 in Ofena

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Oct 2008, 13:41

There are 3 John Moscone listed in the Social Security Death index at www.ssdi.rootsweb.genealogy.com and with two in California and one in Massachusetts. The John Moscone born in 1885 looked promising.=Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Oct 2008, 13:43

The url has been changed to www.ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com. =Peter=

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 24 Oct 2008, 13:44

Welcome, Pasquantonio!

If the following naturalization is correct, your grandmother's brother was still residing in Illinois in Dec of 1917.

Cook County Naturalization Database
Volume 64
Page Number: 32
Declaration Number: 80132

FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
JOHN MOSCONE CARPENTER

BIRTH CITY BIRTH COUNTRY BIRTH DATE
OFINA ITALY 7/9/1883

CURRENT ADDRESS CURRENT CITY
1117 W. TAYLOR ST. CHICAGO

DEPARTURE LOCATION ARRIVAL DATE DECLARATION DATE
NAPLES, ITALY 4/1/1912 12/19/1917

I believe you have his Canadian border crossing record from 1915; note the arrival date on the naturalization record above differs from the border crossing record. If you do not have his WWI Draft Reg card, I can post but the card still shows him residing in Illinois as of Sep 1918.

Italian white pages (PagineBianche) shows one listing for a Moscone living in Sicily:
Moscone Giulio
90048 San Giuseppe Jato (PA) - Via Vitt. Eman., 220
tel:091 8573759

I have also located his 1912 ship manifest if you need. Shows his destination as Vancouver, leaving wife Giovanna Pasquantonio in Ofena; never in US before.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Oct 2008, 17:05

The right italian spelling of surname is MOSCONI and not Moscone; Giovanni emigrated the Mar 21, 1912 on "The Konig Albert " ship and nearest relative was Giovanni Pasquantonio in Ofena, L'Aquila, IT; final destination Vancouver, Canada; joining at Antonio/a Spezza cousin in Vancouver
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0863080210
line 25

Via Lincoln 275 in Palermo is in the old city of Palermo...
for know something abt your relative you can ask the certificate for to know all; write so and send it with a photocopy of your ID card in the envelope:

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,
viale Lazio n. 119/a
90144 Palermo (PA)
Italy

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,

con la presente il sottoscritto.... (your name) pronipote di MOSCONI Giovanni, con la presente cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio a fini genealogia, di poter ottenere la certificazione di STATO CIVILE del proprio prozio ( fratello di mia nonna) residente a Palermo:

- MOSCONI Giovanni nato a Ofena(AQ) nel 1884, coniugatosi a PASQUANTONIO Giovanna a Ofena; emigrati entrambi in Canada e successivamente negli USA e rientrati in Italia insieme alla loro figlia Elsa, si trasferirono per il resto della loro vita a Palermo, e già dal 1922 il loro indirizzo era Via Lincoln 275

In attesa di riscontro alla presente e di conoscere eventuali spese dovute e modalità di rimessa, è gradita l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti,

...... your name, address, phone, email
---------------------------------------
hoping helpful,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Pasquantonio

Postby Pasquantonio » 13 Nov 2008, 00:04

Thanks to Biff and suanj for your responses. The information you gave me was new that I hadn't seen before.

Thanks again,

MaryAnn Pasquantonio

Pasquantonio

Postby Pasquantonio » 13 Nov 2008, 00:06

Thanks to Peter Timber for your information on my ancestor, GIovanni Moscone.

elenamoscone

Postby elenamoscone » 11 Aug 2009, 12:20

hello, we are also moscone, living in switzerland.
greetings, elena saggio-moscone

Pasquantonio wrote:I'm trying to find what happened to my grandmother's brother, Giovanni Moscone. He married Giovanna Pasquantonio. They were living in the US, in Ilinois, in 1910 where he went by John Moscone. His wife went by Joanne and Jenny. They had a daughter, Elsa, and a son, Pietro, who died at birth. There is evidence Giovanni spent time in Vancouver, BC. In 1922 he was residing in Palermo, Sicily at 275 Via Lincoln. That is the last record that I can find of him.

My father, John Pasquantonio, was a medic in the US Army during WWII. He was in Italy and I think he visited relatives but don't know more than that.

If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. Thanks so much.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”