Ven Ditti?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

I am not real sure on this one. Renato Van Dittie is buried in colorado and the headstone reads born Feb . 5th. 1916 and his date of death is Oct 5, 1921. We believe that because Amerigo (Alfred) was born on Feb 5th, as well as a son of Amerigo. Always heard stories about three boys born on same day. Plus, I cannot find a death certif. on spelling as above as Renardo Vendetta. Can any birth cerif over 50 years be obtained? not sure of the criteria. Should I call Ill - cook county Including a death cert in denver for Antionette/antonetta. Still cannot find any of the other family members listed in my prior note. Where do I start? Internet is not getting me anywhere. thanks so much
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The following site explains rules/regulations pertaining to Birth,
Marriage and Death records:

Info

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

More help needed.
where do i find Naturalization records, and in very early messages you mentioned manifest note numbers. what do they mean? (on Vincenzo 1911 manifest.) On that manifest as well, it says mother/grandmother Eugenia. Any help on this one with a last name?

thanks so much
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

vj wrote:possible 1911 manifest pg 1
page 2

3 May 1911, SS Berlin, Naples to NY
Lines 25-27

Caterina Lombardi 20
Sister Antonietta Lombardi 31 (abt 1880)
Vincenzo Venditti 8 (abt 1903)
- last residence Sora, Caserta
- in Sora, mother & grandmother Eugenia?
- destination Chicago, IL
- joining brother-in-law, husband, father Loreto Venditti at 949? Grand Ave, Chicago
- born in Sora, Caserta
- note: possible naturalization notation for Vincenzo 18-13584 1/6/43, edit: added 18 = Denver, Colorado

edit: corrected Antonietta's sister's name
Hi!
This should help explain the naturalization notation:
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/occ/

This site gives an overview on the records:
http://genealogy.about.com/od/naturaliz ... ecords.htm

Valarie
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Thanks! This all really helps.
I obtained a couple death certificates today.One for Renato Venditti, and the next one for Antionette VanDittie orginally Antonetta Venditti. Her mothers name is Eugenia with last name as (-). I know now her father was Thomas Lombardi. Wife Eguenia. We believe her maiden name is Iucci. Someone else did a history, who had to be related to Caterina (antonetta's sister) and all the names match even Thomaso Lombardi and Eugenia except that Antonetta is 11 years older than Caterina. Therefore, the dates of Thomaso (Thomas) Lombardi of 1866 and Eugenia Iucci - 1870 cannot be correct. That would make them way to young?? But as I stated, I know they are correct because all the relatives in their history match. Any suggestions? We believe there were more sisters of Caterina and Antonetta. also, We cannot find anything at all on Luciano Venditti who never left Italy, (Loreto's father) or who Luciano's wife is???. Lucianos wife is not listed on Loretos death certificate either so we have no name at all, it just, says "unknown" Any suggestions?? :?:
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

We have resurfaced again, and need help! We actually found Loretos birth certificate and guess what! He was a TRIPLET!! That is a hugh bonus! What I need help with, is that this is the only place we have EVER seen his mothers name. Is there a way to scan this birth cert into this forum for someone to help me read the name? I cant make it out for the life of me. Thank you in advance.
Mary
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi Mary!
Yes if you have it on your computer you can use an image hosting site
like imageshack.us
http://www.imageshack.us/

try this:
Click ‘Browse’
Find your document, click (or double click it)
When it appears on the imageshack page (in the bar
next to ‘Browse’)
- don’t ‘resize’ it
Click ‘Host It’
After it loads,
Scroll down, choose the last option (Show image to friends)
Copy/Paste the address from imageshack on your post
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Ok, Here it goes. I am sending both Birth Certs, one for Loreto Venditti and siblings!, and the other for Antonia (antonetta) Venditte. If you could clarify the names of each persons Mother - first and maiden, I will be greatfully indebted! Thanks

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 004az2.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 005gm3.jpg
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Rather hard to read sideways...... :?
wldspirit

gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

ok ok,(smile) That is the very first time I have ever even scanned! I will practice again tomorrow, and see if I can get it straight. I am such a novice:) Cant you just tilt your head?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

:lol: I could, but it's a pain in the neck, literally......

In your image program, if that is where you have them stored, there is the option of turning them......if you have any problems, just ask!!
wldspirit

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Loreto Francesco Paolo Venditti was born in Sora on 25 JAN 1876. His parents were Luciano Venditti and Giacinta Tomei. This is a birth record for one child and not that of triplets. In the case of twins or triplets, a separate birth record for each child was usually recorded. Luciano was 36 years old at this time, therefore he was born about 1840.

Antonia Lombardi was born 01 MAR 1880 in Sora. Her parents were Tommaso Lombardi and Eugenia Iucci. Tommaso was 34 years old at this time, therefore he was born about 1846.

Both records include marginalia that refers to their marriage on 28 MAY 1900, apparently in Sora since no other comune is mentioned and Ordinance No. 37 is referenced.
John Armellino
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

8O Way to go John!!!
wldspirit

gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Thank you so much! However, did you just burst my bubble?? In doing my translation, I was understanding that There were three names, meaning three children...as in triplets? It says NameS? Doesnt it? I always heard stories, but now I thought I had proof?
You all are great, thanks so much!! I always hear
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

However, did you just burst my bubble?? In doing my translation, I was understanding that There were three names, meaning three children...as in triplets? It says NameS? Doesnt it? I always heard stories, but now I thought I had proof?
The record is for one child ("un bambino") named Loreto Francesco Paolo. It's my experience that separate birth records were filed for each child in the case of twins or triplets. You would have to check the birth records immediately before or after this record to determine whether your family's stories are true.
John Armellino