Santangelo's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Santangelo's

Postby sweet_angel21us » 28 Oct 2008, 02:39

I found that i have the Surname Santangelo *my great grandmother on my fathers side*. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the forum that has the surname in there tree? TIA

Anna
sweet_angel21us

Re: Santangelo's

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Oct 2008, 03:59

Dear Anna there are 661 cities, towns and villages in Italy that have persons surnamed Santangelo residing in each of the loations which you will find at www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi where you will put in SANTANGELO in the upper left corner and click the arrow to see the surname distribution thruout Italy. Next click on the American flag to see all the SANTANGELO persons distribution in the USA. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby sweet_angel21us » 28 Oct 2008, 14:32

thanks. im not so much looking for my relatives more just trying to find some one else with that surname.
sweet_angel21us

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Oct 2008, 14:38

Where did you want to find someone with Santangelo surname? =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 28 Oct 2008, 15:52

[Quote="PeterTimber"]Where did you want to find someone with Santangelo surname? =Peter=[/quote]

See the first post :wink:

sweet_angel21us wrote:I found that i have the Surname Santangelo *my great grandmother on my fathers side*. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the forum that has the surname in there tree? TIA

Anna
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Oct 2008, 20:08

Dear Livio I wish to thank you once again for your close inspection even though I might stop short ...in fully explaining the purpose of my response which is to assist her in finding someone name Santangelo not only in the forum but thruout the world. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby JewelRose » 26 Aug 2012, 16:24

Hello Anna,

My last name is Stanley, but it was made up by my dad's father's father. Their real last name was Santangelo. Being in New Jersey (and New York area), and Italian, they changed it to avoid discrimination or perhaps even unfounded association with the mafia. Records on familysearch.org (The Mormon church is really into genealogy apparently) show my great-grandfather, Frank Santangelo, his wife, Gussie Casseli (her father being Vincent Casseli and mother being Margaret Casseli) spelling might not be correct, and it shows her as just Santangelo) and his son/my grandfather, Anthony Santangelo, and Anthony's siblings. Grandpa was usually called Frank, and my dad is also Frank, as is my brother (lol). Check familysearch.org, geni.com, myheritage.com... just check all over, you might find something more that way. Good luck with your search! So, do you think we are related? : )
JewelRose

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy