Gorno / Zanotti / Roggerini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
macdoods1942

Gorno / Zanotti / Roggerini

Postby macdoods1942 » 03 Nov 2008, 08:10

Hi to all,
Anyone from Gorno ( Italy) and know anything of the Families Zanotti and Roggerini, i am a decendant of these families, but most people i have met from Gorno are not big on genealogy, can you help?

Thanks george

macsmail2001-contact@yahoo.com.au

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Gorno / Zanotti / Roggerini

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Nov 2008, 13:23

Go to www.comune.gorno.bg.it The website is in Italian. You will find the address for the town either there in the website or go to www.nonsolocap.it and select Bergamo under Lombardia on the bottom left of the page and select Gorno for the address if you wish to write to the Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Gorno, (Postale # listed), (BG) Lombardia, Italy. You can send a form letter in Italian if you go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Italy_tools.html =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Nov 2008, 13:25

The website is finicky oday so go to www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/lett ... civile.asp =Peter=

macdoods1942

Postby macdoods1942 » 03 Nov 2008, 23:39

Thanks Pete,
I have written to and emailed the Mayor in Gorno and just do not get a reply,
on my last visit to Gorno i had a meeting with him, at that time i mentioned that i had emailed them and never received a reply he was surprised and so gave me his own email address, still no reply.
What i am after is someone in Gorno who is interested in Genealogy and can help me in particular help with Zanotti and Roggerini.

Thank you again

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Nov 2008, 03:57

Did you discuss fees for "after hours research" in the town archives with the Honorable mayor? =Peter=

macdoods1942

Postby macdoods1942 » 04 Nov 2008, 08:45

OH!! you may have a point there Peter, didn't even think of that, although when i visited the Mayor he seemed very happy to assist and never mentioned fees, back to pen and paper and let him know i am happy to pay for time postage etc.

Thank you
Regards
george

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Nov 2008, 13:53

The service is free so he is not likely to give you the answer you are seeking. You might be better off asking for someone to hire in Gorno to do the research for you since there is a "problem" and see what sort of response you get.=Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”