Montini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
montini

Montini Family

Postby montini » 04 Nov 2008, 16:01

I am trying to locate my lost relatives in Italy. My surname is Montini, if you are a Montini too, please drop me a line.

-------------

Estou tentando localizar parentes perdidos na Italia. Meu sobrenome e' Montini, se voce tambem e' um Montini, por favor me escreva.

Sergio Montini

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Montini Family

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Nov 2008, 18:59

There are 553 Cities, Towns and Villages in Central and Northern Italy that have inhabitants surnamed Montini...In Italy records and documents are in the town of origin. If you let us know where in brazil your Italian ancestor went to live when they arrived in brazil so that we can find the records of arrival in Brazil which may tell us where they came from.

I will check to see if there is a record from Italian records and let you know. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Nov 2008, 19:02

There are 6 persons whioe first names are AMALIA.ANGELO,CLEMENTINA,LUIGIA,MARIA,PIETRO MONTINI =Peter=

montini

Postby montini » 06 Nov 2008, 21:17

Hi Peter,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I'm gathering more information about my family history, as soon as I get them I'll send it over.

Kind regards,
Sergio Montini

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 06 Nov 2008, 23:45

Dear Sergio there are so many intelligent competent people here that can assist you as well. =Peter=

montini

Postby montini » 12 Nov 2008, 01:27

Hi Peter,

I got hold of some valuable information that may help the search.

My bisnono:
MONTINI AGOSTINO ISIDORO
born in:
1887 at Castellucchio, Mantova. (street name: Castellucchio 98)

His father:
MONTINI CESARE
Mother:
ROSIGNOLI FILOMENA

Arrival in Brazil:
Sao Paulo(?) March 2nd 1892.

Ship name:
"LAS PALMAS"

If would be ever grateful if you could get hold of any further information about my family history.

Kind regards,
Sergio Montini

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Nov 2008, 04:32

There is a record for Castellucchio on micorfilm at your nearest Mormon familyhistory library but unfortunately they date from 1806 to 1815 for all births,marriages and deaths. However you can request the estratto di nascita for Agostino Isidoro Montini which will show his parents full names and their ages. You can then make inquiries for their birth records from the Archivio di Stato provincial records in mantova to bridge the gap between 1815 and Agostinos' birth in 1887 in Castellucchio and since you know his parents names.

Further you can request a Certificato di Stato di famiglia storico for Agostino' father Cesare who is listed as head of family and will list all his children (including Agostino) and other brothers and sisters.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html for Italian records and how to research by mail. =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Nov 2008, 06:44

Sergio, you must request an "Estratto per copia integrale" as apposed to the "Estratto per riassunto" that you posted. This certificate should contain not only the names of the parents, which you already know, but also their age, and this will allow you to search for their birth certificates.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Nov 2008, 13:27

I believe their age is also on the Estratto di nascita or ami I wrong? =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Nov 2008, 14:17

PeterTimber wrote:I believe their age is also on the Estratto di nascita or ami I wrong? =Peter=

As you can see from the Estratto posted, the age is not here...

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Nov 2008, 14:27

Thanks Livio. I can assume then that you have to request "Certificato di nascita copia integrale rather than "Estratto di nascita" in order to have parents ages included?? Does the copia integrale furnish additonal inmformation as well?? =Peter=

montini

Postby montini » 14 Nov 2008, 12:13

Thank you Livio and Peter, very helpful information. How can I request "Estratto per copia integrale" to the Comune di Castellucchio?

If not asking too much, could anyone draft me an example letter and guide me on what to do?

many thanks,
Sergio Montini

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Nov 2008, 14:01

Go to www. angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Davids_form_letters.html
and use the phrase "Estratto per copia Integrale" in lieu of simple Estratto as indicated by Livio in order to have parents dates of birth. =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Nov 2008, 14:55

PeterTimber wrote:Go to www. angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Davids_form_letters.html
and use the phrase "Estratto per copia Integrale" in lieu of simple Estratto as indicated by Livio in order to have parents dates of birth. =Peter=

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Davids_form_letters.html

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Nov 2008, 14:59

PeterTimber wrote:Thanks Livio. I can assume then that you have to request "Certificato di nascita copia integrale rather than "Estratto di nascita" in order to have parents ages included?? Does the copia integrale furnish additonal inmformation as well?? =Peter=

You have to request an Estratto di nascita per copia integrale, which will contain all the information that are in the original document.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”