Tracing Vito Palladino's family in Atina, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VicPalladino

Tracing Vito Palladino's family in Atina, Italy

Postby VicPalladino » 06 Nov 2008, 03:33

My grandfather, Vito Palladino, was born in Picinisco, Italy on May 22, 1891. His family was raised in Atina, Italy. Vito and his older brother, Giuseppe Palladino, were raised in England with family relatives at a young age for 10 to 15 years before returning to Italy to fight in the Italian/Ethiopian War. After the Itialian war Vito married an Italian girl from Atina named Mary Degessi and moved to Boston, Massachusetts. This was right after World War I. (early 1920's) Brother Giuseppe raised his family in Michigan.

I am visiting Italy in the spring of 2008 and would like to visit this small town.

My grandfather also had a younger half sister with a different family name (not sure of her name) who married and remained in this Italian town.

My father, Victor Palladino and his sisiter Dora Papas (Palladino) corresponded and visited family relatives in Atina, Italy durng the 1980's. Both have passed away during this last decade without sharing any pertinent information about my grandfather's family history.

If you have any information email me at vicpalladino@aol.com or reply to this post.

Many thanks,

Victor Palladino III

Tomdino

Re: Tracing Vito Palladino's family in Atina, Italy

Postby Tomdino » 31 Jan 2009, 05:31

I visited Atina, Italy back in June, 1983 and saw the house Vito Palladino was raised in and ate dinner with his niece, Margarita and her family. She was the daughter of Vito's half-sister. She had a son named Alberto and a grandson named Milco.

Behind the house she was living in was the original house that Vito grew up in and nearby was the house that Mary Degessi lived.

I believe Milco visited Vito's son, Victor Palladino, in Boston, sometime in the 1990s.

Tom Palladino

VicPalladino

Postby VicPalladino » 31 Jan 2009, 14:22

Thank you for your information. We need to find out Margarita's and Alberto's family name.

Talk to you soon,

Vic Palladino

NonnaLou

Postby NonnaLou » 13 Feb 2009, 16:06

Hi, I too am researching my family roots in Atina.

My maternal grandparents left Atina in 1911 to live in London in the “Little Italyâ€
I am researching these surnames in Atina, Frosinone:
Leonardi, Del Prete, Rossi, Farina, Salvia, Bracciale, Tortolani, Di Fiore, Pesce, Massa, Capogrossi, Rolfi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”