Document request

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hailaugustus!

Document request

Postby hailaugustus! » 06 Nov 2008, 15:06

Greetings once again my internet friends: :)

I am trying to get a birth certificate or an extract at least, for my great grandfather who was born in Menfi, Agrigento in August of 1895. I originally contacted the provincial archives of Agrigento located in Sciacca but the response was that only birth certificates up to the 1860’s could be found there. I will need this most important of documents to be recognized as an Italian citizen via Jure sanguine. So this leaves me with a few questions that I’m hoping someone out there may be able to answer for me.

1) To whom would I address this request to? There is no specific department or person as an addressee for birth certificates because the official website of the town hall lists simply a general address: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele - Menfi . But nothing more.

2) When I do request the document that is needed would it wise to request that it be sent to me “en carta legaleâ€

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Document request

Postby johnnyonthespot » 06 Nov 2008, 17:15

[quote="hailaugustus!"]Greetings once again my internet friends: :)

I am trying to get a birth certificate or an extract at least, for my great grandfather who was born in Menfi, Agrigento in August of 1895. I originally contacted the provincial archives of Agrigento located in Sciacca but the response was that only birth certificates up to the 1860’s could be found there. I will need this most important of documents to be recognized as an Italian citizen via Jure sanguine. So this leaves me with a few questions that I’m hoping someone out there may be able to answer for me.

1) To whom would I address this request to? There is no specific department or person as an addressee for birth certificates because the official website of the town hall lists simply a general address: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele - Menfi . But nothing more.

2) When I do request the document that is needed would it wise to request that it be sent to me “en carta legaleâ€

nazca
Elite
Elite

Postby nazca » 07 Nov 2008, 12:11

Hi,
in official website there is a link "uffici on line" and this is the e-mail address of CIVIL RECORDS OFFICE (anagrafe) : anagrafe@comune.menfi.ag.it

the manager is Giuseppa Tilocca

best regards.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 12:18

Request estratto di nascita in modello plurilingue for Italian citizenship acquisition. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”