Looking for family of Pasquale Dimaio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelSwan

Looking for family of Pasquale Dimaio

Postby AngelSwan » 08 Nov 2008, 03:40

[php]My name is Angelina Little (nee Goddard), I am the illegitimate daughter of Pasquale Dimaio who worked on the Lloyd Treistano shipping line as a male nurse. He made several voyages to Sydney Australia in the 1950-60's.

I do not have very much information apart from some photos of me as a baby and himself holding me. I believe his wife was Lucy and that he had a son and daughter who had already been born by 1964 (which was when I was born). He did also give me a gift of a gold chain with cruicifix and charm that said "ricordo del bapismo". I also have been told he was from Calabria and lived in Genoa. I also believe he was born in October 1926. That would make him 82 if he was still with us. He used to smoke Camel brand cigarettes and apparently enjoyed his vino (so do I!).

Know that I am only wanting to meet him and family and to understand where I come from. I am not after anything else except to find my family. I am travelling to Italy in 2009 and would dearly love to have a meeting.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I look forward to hearing from someone soon Thank you, Angela
Please help find my family!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for family of Pasquale Dimaio

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Nov 2008, 13:46

Dear Angelina with such a paucity of ionformation and the possible spellingvariations we have to work on the assumption his surname is as you state Dimaio (are you sure about the spelling?).

Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi for the distribution of this spelling of Dimaio in Italy and there are one town in Liguria not too far from Genova and there may be more than one while there are two towns listed in the Calabria region and there may be more than two. In any event you will see that there is a total of 16 towns with people surnamed Dimaio.

Now select only Liguria and Calabria and go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Dimaio in the first line and Liguria inthe second line and click Cerca for the one listing (could be him or half brother) and then do the same for Calabria(could be more).

You can do the following go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/sa ... etter.html for form letters to possible relatives in Italian. Enclose a self addressed envelope and enclose an OZ dollar or two for stamps to encourage a reply and mail it to the people listed in the www.paginebianche.it website which, by the way have telephonenumbers, in the evtn that you are inclined to call and speak iTlian?? =Peter=

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 08 Nov 2008, 18:42

This site gives a little history of the shipping co. Apparently it is still in existence under another name.

http://flagspot.net/flags/it~hfl.html#ltn

Hope it helps.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Nov 2008, 19:42

Here is another website if the form letter one described above is not operative. Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/sa ... etter.html =Peter=

AngelSwan

Postby AngelSwan » 08 Nov 2008, 23:18

Thank you for your prompt response. I unfortunately can not speak Italian - also my Mum told me of the spelling. I will try these and let you know how I go. I really appreciate your help Cheers from sunny Sydney, Australia!
Please help find my family!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Nov 2008, 03:41

The websifgte I gave you has form letters in ENGLISH which are trranslated into Italian so you just have to copy the italian letters from the ENGLISH. If you have any questions get back to us. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”