Looking for grandfathers relatives in Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Babalusci

Looking for grandfathers relatives in Naples

Postby Babalusci » 10 Nov 2008, 02:39

Hello again. With the help of this great forum I have found all the information concerning my grandparents immigration to America. Now I am looking for help in finding my grandfathers relatives left behind in Naples with the hope of making contact with any distant relatives of today. my grandfathers name was Giustino Sallusto born on march 14 1874 in the city of Naples. I know this for sure because I had the great experience of going to Naples to get his birth certificate in person. His parents names were Gaetano Sallusto and Angiola Avena. I do not know if my grandfather had any siblings. The area of Naples where he was born was called Stella. He did not leave Naples until age 32. He was a licensed pharmacist and continued with his profession when he arrived in america in 1907. I have checked the Naples phone directory and see that there are some Sallusto"s still there. Seeing that this surname is not very common I"m hoping there might be some relation. As always any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ken

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for grandfathers relatives in Naples

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Nov 2008, 03:33

There are 10 Sallusto listed for The napoli province but 3 are listed for the city of Napoli and may be worth contacting.

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Sallusto inthe first line and the letters NA (for napoli and the province of Napoli combined) click CERCA and all 10 Persons surnamed Sallusto will appear with thei full names,addresses and telephonenumbers.

Either send 3 or all ten the same letter which is prepared in english and Italian so that you knwo what you are sending in Italian. In each senda return envelope with your addresss and include a $2.00 dollars for stamps to encourage a reply.

Go to www.angelfire,com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/sa ... tters.html =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Nov 2008, 03:35

If the form letter website is not operating then go to this one for letters to potential relatives.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Nov 2008, 14:13

Jaclyndagostino

Postby Jaclyndagostino » 07 Aug 2016, 13:44

I am so grateful that I stumbled upon this post! Your grandfather Giustino was the brother of my great, great grandmother Amalia! And thanks to you, I've now learned their mother's name, Angiola Avena! I've been stuck on this piece for over a year!

I'd love to connect further, I have so much information I could share with you.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”