Next Step?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jjulian14712
Rookie
Rookie

Next Step?

Postby jjulian14712 » 10 Nov 2008, 15:16

Hello,

Many of you on this forum have been very generous with your expertise, and I'm hoping that you can help guide me to the next step in my search for my grandfather's relatives in Italy.

In America, I knew him as Frank Joseph Julian of Dunkirk, NY. I successfully linked him to a birth record of May 11, 1893 from Onano, Italy under the name Francesco Giuliani. His father is listed as Giuseppe, and his mother is listed as Marianna Sabatini. I have also successfully linked him to an Ellis Island entry from December 6, 1909, under the name Francesco Guiliano on the Verona, but he appears to have been deported at that time.

Can I please impose on you one more time to help me with my next step? Where can I find information to trace my grandfather and our ancestors further?

Thank you again for everything you've done to help me throughout this process.

Jeff

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Next Step?

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Nov 2008, 17:50

Are you sure it is Onano and not Onani since there are two viable towns in different regions with these spellings?? Please advise.=Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Nov 2008, 18:40

There are a dozen of Giuliani in Onano (Viterbo province). The following is a site in English where you vcan also find the addresses of the Giuliani living in Onano: http://en.comuni-italiani.it/056/040/index.html

You may write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile to request birth and marriage certificates, the address is:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Monaldesca, 1
01010 Onano (VT)
Italy

jjulian14712
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jjulian14712 » 12 Nov 2008, 12:51

I had good luck when I wrote to the town hall in Onano in Italian requesting a birth certificate. Is there a form letter I can use in order to find information from Onano about the marriage of Giuseppe Giuliani and Marianna Sabatini (and any other information about their family members and ancestors) using Italian rather than English?

Thanks,

Jeff

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Nov 2008, 13:23

Actually Italian language is required for most if not all documents from Italy.

For this requirement go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html for the form letters in Italian. =Peter]=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”