Rizza Ices Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikemorrison

Rizza Ices Scotland

Postby mikemorrison » 21 Nov 2008, 17:53

My Great Uncle Domenic and his brother Gelsomino (James) came to Scotland from Belmonte in Frosinone ? Lazio Domenic fought in the war for Italy and was born in 1890s Gelsomino was 10 years younger.
They settled in North East Scotland and went back to Atina occasionally

I will go to italy Perugia in July for my son's wedding and would like to know where to look; I speak Spanish so I understand Italian un poco
I would be obliged for any help on finding Doms military record; James my grandfather fought in the first world war and was injured at the Somme 1916 when he was just 15 years old..he survived with a leg wound and cold weather made him cough presumably from gas later ?

They subsequently founded an ice cream business in Huntly Aberdeenshire which still exists run by Morrison; my mother celesta maria rizza )

Hope you can help me please

Mike Morrison

mikemorrison

Re: Rizza Ices Scotland

Postby mikemorrison » 21 Nov 2008, 18:00

Sorry I forgot to add this copyright information link for your further information

Mike

www.scalan.co.uk/Italians.htm

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Nov 2008, 18:43

Dear Mike Miltary records are made public after 75 years and are made more accesbile inthe provincial capitals so in Domenico's case you would write for his conscription records (registro di Leva ) or his discharge record (foglio di Congedo Illimitato which covers his ww1 service, campaigns, medals and wounds,if any).

You would write to them by going to a form letterin italian under conscription records at www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

For your information Belmonte Castello 03040 is in the province of frosinone and his military records are housed in the Archivio di Stato di Frosinone, Piazza de Matthaeis 41, 03100, Frosinone, Lazio region, Italy.

The e-mail address is as-fr@benicuturali.it and telephone number is 0775/872522. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Nov 2008, 18:57

Dear Mike thanks for the Italian/Scottish historical essay. I will add it to the other one www.scotsitalian.com thsat I recently came across.

I spent some time in my youth at the Universityof Perugia and it is a lovely place high on a hill with great views. Congratulations to your son and his bride. =Peter=

NonnaLou

Postby NonnaLou » 13 Feb 2009, 16:59

Hi, I too am researching my family roots in Atina.

My maternal grandparents left Atina in 1911 to live in London in the “Little Italyâ€
I am researching these surnames in Atina, Frosinone:
Leonardi, Del Prete, Rossi, Farina, Salvia, Bracciale, Tortolani, Di Fiore, Pesce, Massa, Capogrossi, Rolfi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”