Help Neede

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rickella

Help Neede

Postby rickella » 27 Nov 2008, 01:41

Hi all please help Need to find out any information on a Pietro Borella born in Castellamonte, Piedmont Italy in 1837. Came to Australia at the age of 30 on a german boat and married a Anne Goode. On marriage certificate parents are Joesph and Maria Borella no listing of mothers maiden name. Don't know if he had any sibilings or know anything about his parents. If anyone can help your help would be apprieciated :?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help Neede

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Nov 2008, 02:48

No Problemma!! Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put on top Castellamonte and clcik CERCA and when the next screen shows up you will find the postal code and the name of the town, Province and region of Italy. Click on the name of the town for information about the town.

The address to where you will write for records is under municipaio and is c alled the Ufficio di Statop Civile and you are going to ask for (una copia integrale) of his( Certificato di nascita ) birth certificate since you know his date of birth you can also ask for his parents certificates of birth and ask for his mothers certtificate which should be in her maiden name if you so wish. Lastly you might ask for (if they have it) a family certificate in his fathers name (Certificato di Stato di Famiglia storico) which has his parents names, his siblings and family events suxch as birth,marriages and deaths.

Now go to www.paginebianche.it and you will put in Borella inthe first l;ine and Castellamonte inthe second line and click CERCA for all 3 Borella's (possible reatives) by fullnameaddress and telephone numbers.

To write letters requesting documents (ITS FREE) go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

To write letters to possible relati ves go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/sa ... etter.html

=Peter=

rickella

Postby rickella » 27 Nov 2008, 03:16

Thanks Peter. As I don't speak italian and if i request birth certificates etc will they be able to understand english

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Nov 2008, 04:28

I sent you the form letters translated into italian from wenglish inthe website www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

These form letters, as described in the website, are sent to the Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Castellamonte, postale 66030, (TO), Piemonte, Italy. The service is free of charge but you may wish to consider sending $5.00 OZ dollars since the clerks who do end of day research are poorly paid. You should rec eive documents or any explanation if no documents are located.

The same form letters in english translated into Italian are in the other website so you should have no difficulty. =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 27 Nov 2008, 06:47

Rickella, you may request the certificates at this address:

Comune di Castellamonte
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Martiri Libertà 28
10081 Castellamonte TO
Italy

The birth certificate that you want to ask for is called
"Estratto per copia integrale dell'atto di nascita" it will contain all the info and annotations that were recorded in the registers.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 27 Nov 2008, 12:06

Or, you can search in the Family History Center's microfilms:

Title Registri ecclesiastici, 1579-1900
Authors Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di Castellamonte (Torino) (Main Author)

especially this one for Pietr's Baptismal Act:

Battesimi 1806-1853
FHL INTL
Film 1518340

here is the link to find you nearest center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

Laura

Edit to correct microfilm number

ncarter

Postby ncarter » 30 Jun 2010, 12:38

rickella,

I am part of this family tree and I live in Northcote in Melbourne

I am wondering if you have made progress with finding Italy based relatives of Pietro Borella or any additional information. He was my great grandfather .

I am going to Europe in July

Noel Carter

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Jun 2010, 12:59

Is this Pietro/Peter Borella's Australian Naturalization document?

I found it (and other documents) at the Australian National Archives. Go to http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/Login.htm , click "Guest" to login as such, then on the next page, enter "peter borella" (without the quotes).

Click "Search" and on the next page, click "Display". On the next page, for the first set of documents (naturalization), click the "View digital copy" link then scroll through all six pages (first page is below).

The other document is not yet available online and must be ordered instead. Click the link under "Control Number" for ordering instructions.

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Jun 2010, 13:02

PS: If you search only for "borella", there are 54 records. Some of these may pertain to your relatives/ancestors as well.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”