info on great grandparents from Caccamo Sicily Landolina &am

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pistos100

Re: info on great grandparents from Caccamo Sicily Landolina

Post by pistos100 »

I sent a reply to your private message.

Rick
carapiazza

Post by carapiazza »

Hi thanks for the responses they've been helpful!
Pask900

Post by Pask900 »

Dear Cara,

I am Pasquale, your Granmother Carmela was the sister of my mother's Granfather (Giorgio Landolina), I am writing by my mather, She asked me to look in internet if it is possible to find her american relatives. What a luk I find you! :D

My mother knows your family history, he is 73 years old, she was born in Caccamo and knows everything about your family Sicilian history.

Your mother family was composed of 8 male sons and one female (your Grandmather Carmela). Three of them (Giorgio, Vincenzo and Salvatore) died fighting in the world war 1914-1919, the other five sons and Carmela went in America.

Carmela Landolina was in love with Filippo Piazza that come back in Caccamo to find a wife, he falled in love for Carmela. The mother of Carmel didnt agreed with the marriage, because she knew they were supposed to go to America. Then Filippo, who was very rich, said He will rest in Sicily, and brought a house and forniture to dimostrate her he is going to live in Sicily. He obteined to marry Carmela, but after the marriage he come back to America and sold the house.

My Mother would be very happy to host you in Italy, She isn't able to speak in English then it would be usefull to write to me to have some news abour your family.
Pask900

Post by Pask900 »

Cosimo was Carmela's brother, they had the some mather, but the father were different. Giuseppa Catalano (Carmela Landolina's mather) married at first Giorgio senior Landolina, when he was 30 years old he died by an illness, Giuseppa Catalano was pregnant of five months and She had Giorgio Junior. After two years Giovanni Landolina (Giorgio Senior Landolina Brother) married Carmela. He loved Giorgio Junior as his own son.
vj wrote:Filippo Piazza’s 1st trip, traveling with a Cosimo Landolina to the same address in Chicago.

from ancestry. com
1906 manifest image

27 Sep 1906 SS Konig Albert, Naples to NY
Lines 19 & 20

Filippo Piazza
- 24 yrs old, born abt 1882
- last residence Caccamo
- destination Chicago
- joining brother Giuseppe at 1520 Lowe Ave

Cosimo Landolina
- 21 yrs old, born abt 1885
- last residence Caccamo
- destination Chicago
- joining cousin Giuseppe Piazza
pistos100

Post by pistos100 »

Another Landolina I found living Chicago Heights was Nick Landolina, who lived at 140 East 16th Street in 1929. In Pittsburgh I found a Giuseppe Landolina (born 16 May 1894 in Trabia and died 24 March 1988 in Pittsburgh) who married a Maria Anna Calderone in Pittsburgh in 1932. He was the son of Nicosio Landolina (brother of Cosimo). She was the daughter of Salvatore Calderone, born 1858 in Termini Imerese and died in near Pittsburgh in 1933.
carapiazza

Post by carapiazza »

Thanks for everyone's input. I am happy to be back on here i became frustrated when i forgot my username and info. Yes i know it's my name ha ha.