Belvedere connection

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Belvedere connection

Postby urob » 28 Nov 2008, 02:29

I am writing to see if anyone is researching Belvedere Family either in Palermo, or Bagheria. I had grandparents from Bagheria and I have just ordered the films from LDS for BDM from 1867 to 1890 respectively. I've exhausted many searches and sites for other trees and geneaology but I have come across little or no information. What I have is my Grandfather's name is Ottavio Belvedere... Married Francesca Spalla, I assume in Bagheria. I have checked Palermo's marriage records for the time period of 1850 to 1890 and have found no such marriage. I was born in Palermo that is why I checked. My father's name was Vincenzo and he had three brothers Guiseppe, Vittorio, Gian-Batista, two sisters...Antoinetta, Eleonora. I know the oldest boy Guiseppe Belvedere was born in the year 1900, so I figure that my Grandparents might have been born in or around 1880? Any Help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Belvedere connection

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Nov 2008, 04:34

since you apparently have not checked the LDS microfilms why do you request information without knowing whether the micorfilm records will contain the information you are seeking? If they do not have the information then one alternative maybe to go to google, and insert in title Belvedere surname genealogy palermo Sicily for any completed researches or ongoing researches. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”