surnames Mignosa, Morello in Augusta Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
miggy

surnames Mignosa, Morello in Augusta Sicily

Postby miggy » 15 Sep 2003, 01:43

Hi, i'm really new at this. i'm trying to trace my family roots as far as possible. my grandfather was palimino Mignosa(1905) and his father was Santo, and his mother was Vencenza Nastasi. Also my grand mother was Lucia Morello(1910). they are all from Augusta Sicily. any help would be great, to get me started in the right direction. Thanks Miggy

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 15 Sep 2003, 04:07

Miggy in genealogy you work backward from the USA to Italy. Starting with the oldrest immigrant relative and then go to (usually) www.ellisisland. org website for dates of arrival, birth yhear and town of origin in Itgaly since all records, documents and history are in the one town they came from. (That includes present day relatives). If you are just starting out and serious about this then I suggest you obtain a book by purchasing or borrowing it from a library titled ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and will familiarize you with Italian genealogy and all that good stuff!! If you wish to familiarize yourself with italian records you can also go to the nearest Family History Library of the Mormon church where you can rent for a modest sum the microfilm of the town of origin in Italy where all their civil records have been filmed by the Mormon church. The records may be in an old fashioned handwriting but it may be enjoyable to see your family name and ancestors. Bring a magnifying glass with you. Please don't hesitate to get back to me if you wish. Peter

miggy

thanks peter

Postby miggy » 16 Sep 2003, 00:21

i will try every thing you mentioned, you are a great help. miggy

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 16 Sep 2003, 01:43

Don';t hesitate to get back here and ask questions. Peter

haz628aw

Re: surnames Mignosa, Morello in Augusta Sicily

Postby haz628aw » 14 Dec 2008, 22:02

Hi,

my grandmother was a mignosa- I believe we are related! My great grandfather came to America in 1921 and stayed with your grandfather. According to Ellis Island records, my great grandfather was visiting his cousin Palimino. Palimino had other siblings, Costintino, Asumta, and Issabela who married Salvatore Pattivina.

Santo's father was Carmelo Mignosa who married Elizabetta Fazio.

Santo and Domenico (my great, great, great, grandfather) were brothers.

I'm currently putting together the Mignosa Family Tree. please let me know if your interested in putting your family infomation (which I already have included) though I do not have your imediate family information.

feel free to email me- haz628aw@sbcglobal.net

-Amy
Ciao,

Amy lynn
860-347-8084

KatCorso2

Re: surnames Mignosa, Morello in Augusta Sicily

Postby KatCorso2 » 06 Jul 2009, 03:54

:lol: Hello, I found this site by accident and my Maiden name is Mignosa. My family is from Sicily, my mother from Augusto but right now I can't remember my father's city, I will have to ask. My father was Sabastiano Mignosa, my mother's maiden name is Fichera.
If someone would like to write I would be delighted.
Kat Corso

Return to “Italian Genealogy”