Letizia and Nesi - looking for info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bednaka

Letizia and Nesi - looking for info

Postby bednaka » 17 Dec 2008, 07:07

I'm new at this, hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find more info on some relatives from Italy that left for Argentina and Brazil. Pietro (Peter) Letizia followed Thereza Nesi to Argentina, I believe, before going to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where they had 3 children. They later moved to the USA. I don't think they were married before leaving Italy.

Pietro was born 11 May 1891 in Palagiano, Taranto, Apuglia, Italy. He left Rio on the ship "Van Dyck" on 29 Nov 1924 for the USA. Thereza was born in Cosenza, Calabria, Italy, possibly Fuscaldo, about 1888. She left Rio on 15 Nov 1925 on the ship "Vauban" and arrived in New York, NY. The children born in Rio were Margaret (Margarita?) born 1911, Rocco born 1915, and Esmeralda born 1925.

I would love to find info on births, marriage, other family members. I've seen references to some websites that offer info on Italians emigrating to Argentina and Brazil, but they are in Italian. Are there English language resources?

Thanks much!

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Letizia and Nesi - looking for info

Postby wldspirit » 17 Dec 2008, 09:30

Registration is free, under find your roots, click on the English version:

http://www.altreitalie.org/

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Return to “Italian Genealogy”