Need Help finding Angelo Tororich!!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help finding Angelo Tororich!!!!

Postby Mardi » 18 Dec 2008, 23:15

Having trouble finding information on Jennie Trombatore.......born in Napoleonville, LA in the early 1900's. Her parents are Leoluca [Luke] Trombatore and Vita Calamusa.

Jennie Trombatore married Angelo Tortorich, according to an a family Obit.

I can not find ANY INFORMATION ON ANGELO TORORICH......can some one help to locate him.........Thanks.
Mardi

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Need Help finding Angelo Tororich!!!!

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Dec 2008, 04:58

I suspect that the surname is TORTORICI which is the only spelling that appears in the Italian surname dictionary, the social security death index which has 2 Angelo's the youngest being born in 1922 and no Louisiana reference is made in the death index so it is likely not the person you are seeking.

If you can provide more informationas to dates of arrival in New orleans, ship names, datesof birth, town of originin Italy etc etc then it would be helpful to further assist you in your research.=Peter=

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 19 Dec 2008, 15:34

Mardi wrote:Having trouble finding information on Jennie Trombatore.......born in Napoleonville, LA in the early 1900's. Her parents are Leoluca [Luke] Trombatore and Vita Calamusa.

Jennie Trombatore married Angelo Tortorich, according to an a family Obit.

I can not find ANY INFORMATION ON ANGELO TORORICH......can some one help to locate him.........Thanks.
Mardi

PeterTimber wrote:I suspect that the surname is TORTORICI

A possible census in Jefferson Parrish, LA

1920 census
Home in 1920:
237 Amelia St
Gretna, Jefferson, Louisiana

Head Angelo Tortorici 28, abt 1892 IT
- immig 1917, Al
Wife Jane Tortorici 19, abt 1901 LA
- parents born in IT
Daughter Freancis Tortorici 1, abt 1919 LA

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Dec 2008, 18:05

Tgha national Archives passenger lists and indexes on microfilm for Angelo Tortorici entry in 1917 is either microfilm roll T618 or T905

You may search these films in the N.O. public library on Loyola Avenue or rent them from the American Genealogical Lending Library in Bountiful Utah (PO BOX 244 Dept M) 84010. Telephone No#801-298-5358. Your local librafy can make the arrangement for you. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”