looking for marriage record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

looking for marriage record

Postby belmoro19 » 21 Dec 2008, 15:41

I am having a very hard time locating a marriage record for my grandparents and was wondering if anyone could help with a search.You guys did a great job helping my friend so I thought maybe you could help me with this.I hope it's not aolt to ask.This is the information that I have for them:
GROOM:Anthony or Antonio Scaltrito,born May 3,1909 in Philadelphia to Giovanni Scaltrito and Eremindiana Ferrara.
BRIDE: Anna Caputo,born July 4,1919 in Philadelphia to Luigi Caputo and Maria Antonia Macchione/Marchione.
I believe they were married between 1950-1974.I have searched Philadelphia with nothing found.I'm not sure if they were married in New Jersey but I haven't checked.I hope that someone will be able to steer me in the right direction or even find their info.I have also searched every cathoilc church in philadelphia with also nothing found.I look forward to hearing from anyone that could offer assistance.thank you

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: looking for marriage record

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Dec 2008, 16:55

where did the bride reide when they got married? That is the parish where they would have most likely been married. =Peter=

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Re: looking for marriage record

Postby belmoro19 » 21 Dec 2008, 19:26

she resided in philadelphia,but i have have already sent letters to every catholic church in philadelphia and parts of southern new jersey with them all coming back with nothing found.i also searched philadelphia civil marriage records with the same response.thanks for the suggestion though.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”