looking for ww2 registration card

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

looking for ww2 registration card

Postby belmoro19 » 22 Dec 2008, 13:16

i am looking for world war 2 registration draft card for anthony scaltrito or antonio scaltrito born may3,1909 in philadelphia.if anyone can help it would be aprreciated.thank you

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: looking for ww2 registration card

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Dec 2008, 15:58

I have an outstanding inquiry inyour behalf and should I get a reply first I will answer you but there are others here who can wave their magic image wands and tell you right off what the answer is. You can't lose here. =Peter=

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 22 Dec 2008, 16:03

belmoro19 wrote:i am looking for world war 2 registration draft card for anthony scaltrito or antonio scaltrito born may 3, 1909 in philadelphia.if anyone can help it would be aprreciated.thank you

Hi!
Here's description of the available WWII Draft Registration Cards from ancestry. com:

About U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
This database is an indexed collection of World War II U.S. draft cards from the Fourth Registration, the only registration currently available to the public (the other registrations are not available due to privacy laws). The Fourth Registration, often referred to as the "old man's registration", was conducted on 27 April 1942 and registered men who born on or between 28 April 1877 and 16 February 1897 - men who were between 45 and 64 years old - and who were not already in the military.

Here's a database for enlistments:
http://aad.archives.gov/aad/fielded-sea ... WR26&bc=sl

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 22 Dec 2008, 16:48

I have an outstanding inquiry inyour behalf

In all fairness Peter, we should wait for your inquiry to return before one of us waves a magic wand..... :wink:
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Dec 2008, 17:12

Not to worry about being fair m'dear..life is just a bowl of cherries! He is not listed in ancestry .com by first name and my gremlins are up and about seeking the information. By the way I just came across oa delicious cheese called "MUNCHY CHEESE:" and its delicious on crackers have you ever run into it?? Merry Christmas Pete

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 22 Dec 2008, 17:20

Munchy cheese......no can't say as I have, my favorite is provolone with salami on crackers...mmmm!!!

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Dec 2008, 17:39

Ask your cheese guy to cut you a couple of slices of Munchy cheese and give it a try. Pete

Return to “Italian Genealogy”