tracing Carnevale family in Pico Frosinine

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hdoelle

tracing Carnevale family in Pico Frosinine

Postby hdoelle » 25 Dec 2008, 19:37

Hi
I am looking for my grandfather's family and ancestors
Grandfather : Franceso Carnevale born in Pico Frosinone, immigrated to Canada appx 1906.

Mother: Rosa Stradona
Father Antonio Carnevale

Francesco's brother: Pietro Carnevale immigrated to Canada
Francesco's sister: Theresa Carnevale married Guiseppe Sperdini and lived in Bronx, NY
Francesco's sister Maria lived in Pico,Italy; did not immigrate and we would like to locate her children; we belive her married was Casciano

I have written to the parish priest in Pico looking for information but have received no reply. I am not sure how I can locate more infromation.
I seached ancestry.com and found the boat records of my grandfather and siblings but the family in Italy is still unknown.. Can anyone help?

Thanks

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: tracing Carnevale family in Pico Frosinine

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Dec 2008, 22:10

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Carnevale in first line and Pico in second line and click CERCA for 169 Carnevale in Pico. There are 14 Casciano in the province of Frosinone so put in FR for the entire province.

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Pico and click. Click again when Pico comes up for backround on town and municipio address and www for town of Pico as well. =Peter=

hdoelle

Postby hdoelle » 25 Dec 2009, 18:49

I am looking for my grandfather's family and ancestors
Grandfather : Franceso Carnevale born in Pico Frosinone, immigrated to Canada appx 1906.

Mother: Rosa Stradona
Father Antonio Carnevale

Francesco's brother: Pietro Carnevale immigrated to Canada
Francesco's sister: Theresa Carnevale married Guiseppe Sperdini and lived in Bronx, NY. Know this family
Francesco's sister Maria lived in Pico,Italy; did not immigrate and we would like to locate her children; we believe her married was Casciano but not sure. Checked the phone directory in Pico for this name but communication is limited because I don't speak Italian.

I have written twice to the parish priest in Pico looking for information but have received no reply. Alos wrote to the Rome-- no reply I am not sure how I can locate more information.
I seached Ancestry.com and found the boat records of my grandfather and siblings but the family in Italy is still unknown.. Can anyone help?Does anyone know someone who would do some research for me on this topic?

Thanks

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Dec 2009, 19:22

For starters I would send form letters to the three potential relatives in Pico surnamed Casciano found at www.paginebianche.it to overcome the language barrier. www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm

You might also wish to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Pico to request documents(births,marriages, deaths) which you may wish to request. They are free of charge. Go to www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/74-pico and mail to the address under MUNICIPIO.

Chances are you can do the research sans any difficulty. We are all here to help you. =Peter=
~Peter~

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Dec 2009, 20:54

The province of Frosinone came into existence in 1926 and Pico and a few other towns in Caserta were transferred to Frosinone province, The records for Pico are in the provincial archives of Caserta from 1809 to 1865. Please let me know what you want to check for? =Peter=
~Peter~

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 25 Dec 2009, 21:56

99% people living in Pico are all Carnevale.
So it is very very difficult to make a research
also the registrar is a Carnevale himself
just to le you know
Merry Xmas
bye Riccardo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”