Mozzoni Family in Offida Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pmozz07

Mozzoni Family in Offida Italy

Postby pmozz07 » 27 Dec 2008, 12:29

Good morning,

I recently began to research our family tree and have traced my husband's grandfather to Offida, Italy. I would like to find more information about him and any remaining family, but do not know how to search for baptismal records or other such records in the town. Luigi Mozzoni was born in Offida, Italy on May 25, 1888. He immigrated via Ellis Island on April 1, 1907 at the age of 18 aboard the ship, Lazio.

Any insight as to how to progress further on this search would be helpful. I know he spent his life in the US in the Wilmington, DE area. My father-in-law is his one remaining son out of 5 children, but his memory is not good and he is not able to remember his mother's name. I have not been able to locate much other family information.

Thank you.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Mozzoni Family in Offida Italy

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Dec 2008, 14:16

Dear P.Mozzo perhaps your best bet might be to familiarize yourself with Italian Genealogy which will enable you to understand and know what to ask for and what you might want to do on your own.

Go to www,angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/free_genealogy_research.html

I will let you know if there are records you can immediately search for the family back to 1809 in Italy in the town of Offida.=Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Dec 2008, 14:26

Offida is a comune 63035 in the province of Asacoli Picena in the Marche region of Italy which lacks any immediate microfilmed records of the births,marriages and deaths starting in 1809 whic hisnormally the case.

However, If you go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Offida and then click on the name a website will come up onyour screen withan url www for the town of Offida tha is in both english and Italian languages. Further you can find curent relatives there by going to WWW.paginebianche.it and put in Mozzoni inthe first line and Offida inthe second line and click CERCA for any Mozzoni residing in Offida at this time.

Form letters in Italian language are available for you. =Peter=

mozzoni

Postby mozzoni » 04 Apr 2009, 15:27

My grandfather was Luigi Mozzoni. Luigi lived with us for several years and so did my grandmother Annette. Feel free to send me your email address and I will tell you as much as I can. My Father, Leo, was the youngest child of Luigi and Annette.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”