Risso Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JRisso

Risso Family

Postby JRisso » 04 Jan 2009, 22:55

My family's roots are in Cicagna. Joseph (Giuseppe) Risso and his wife, Teresa Cassassa came to the US in the late 1860s to the early 1870s. I know they each had parents and brothers and sisters, but I have no records that can be authenticated. Are there living relatives in the area? Do you have birthdates, marriage dates, death dates, names, etc? How do I become privy to them? thanks in advance...JR
JR

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Risso Family

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Jan 2009, 01:09

As you know there are no civil records on micorfilm in the USA at yournearest Mormon church familyhistory library which leaves you with two options in my view. Either you write one letter in italian to potential relatives in Cicagna and establish a relationship with a relative and start working backward from that point by reaching out for documents which encompass whole families or key individuals building up a tree trail.

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Risso in the first line and Cicagna inthe second line and click CERCA you will get 7 Risso surnamed persons who may be relatives. There are no Cassassa surnamed persons who subscribe to telephones inthat town.

I would then write to all of them with a potential relative letter www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm

=Peter=

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 05 Jan 2009, 10:24

Possible the right spell for Cassassa is Casassa or Casazza...

Laura :)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Jan 2009, 14:49

Thanks laura.. There is one Casazza listed in Cicagna who is most likely a relative. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”