Giozone - Help with a name

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Giozone - Help with a name

Postby Veronesi-Guardini » 07 Jan 2009, 15:36

I found a picture the other day which has my grandmother as a baby, her sister, her parents, her aunt and her paternal grandmother.

We know her first name to be Emma. She was born in 1875, possibly in or close to Riva, Lago di Garda. But we dont know what her maiden name was. However, on the back of this photo are the names of the people featured. Her reference is Emma Giozone (then what looks like LS), with her married surname in brackets (V.G) at the end

I would like to know if Giozone is a surname that appears in Italy, and if so, is it likely to be a middle name or a maiden name?

I am inclined not to think its a middle name, as its English equivalent is Jason, and I cant see a woman having a man's middle name!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Giozone - Help with a name

Postby liviomoreno » 07 Jan 2009, 16:41

If you post the back of the photo we can try to tell you exactly what the name is. BTW in Italy middle names are seldom used.

Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giozone - Help with a name

Postby Veronesi-Guardini » 07 Jan 2009, 17:12

I thought of that after I posted, and then went to look for it, but I cant find it at the moment, but I will post a.s.a.p

Return to “Italian Genealogy”