Where were my Grandparents married?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
richc1114

Where were my Grandparents married?

Postby richc1114 » 13 Jan 2009, 20:25

My Grandmother was Delfina Carli born in Lomaso in the province of Trento the region of Trentino. My Grandfather was Luigi Carli from Campo or Campo Minori in Trento. They emigrated to the US in 1921 and the ship manifest has them married. There first child was born in the USA in 1922.

I need to know where to apply for a certified marriage license. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Where were my Grandparents married?

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Jan 2009, 21:47

Since you do not know where they were married you should request a marriage record from both Lomaso and Campo (Campo di Trens actually). and send a form letter www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html to each of their Ufficio di Stato Civile at their municipal address listed under municipio whichyou will will find at www.nonsolocap.it by putting in the 1) Lomaso and clcik Lomaso when it comes up and scroll down to municipio and do the same for 2) Campo (Campo di Trens) and that is the address for each of the Ufficio di Stato Civile.

There is no charge for requesting birth.,marriage or death records. =Peter=

Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Where were my Grandparents married?

Postby Veronesi-Guardini » 13 Jan 2009, 22:53

I have family from the Lomaso area, a little village called Lundo. The name I have at the moment is Giovanneli. Do you have any family links to Lundo? Or even better, Riva del Garda?

Also, might be a long shot, but is this close to the person you are looking for?

(Search for Luigi Carli)
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

Return to “Italian Genealogy”